Regal Velocity 30 >

Regal Velocity 30

Notices

Regal Velocity 30

Old 09-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regal Velocity 30

I recently bought an 89 Regal Velocity. Looks like most of you don't think much of Regals boat. Yea, I'd like to have a "real" Velocity too but this is all I can afford right now. Its not very fast but it does get me back into boating until I can get something else. QUESTION: What are the prblems or complaints? What do I need to look out for?
The windshield is too high for my taste...any ideas where I can get something else/lower?
Old 09-07-2002, 05:01 PM
Registered

I would maybe talk to scott or max at the facotry maybe they could retro fit one of the windscreens of the newer ones onto your boat.
Old 09-07-2002, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

I used to have an 89 23 Regal Velocity. Before buying it I talked to Steve and was told that Regal had let them get too heavy and wiring was not up to his standards. Sure enough the only thing I had trouble with was the wiring. The harness was not supported well and they were very skimpy with the length. On a moderatly rough day the connectors pulled out of the trim switch. Was not fun getting back with out trim.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

suprised to hear you say it's not very fast..??
Old 09-24-2002, 09:16 PM
Registered

Talking 89 Velocity 30

I have a 1989 Velocity 30. It is a Regal Velocity, but was done by Maestron at the time. The boat was completely rebuilt by me in 1996. It has a pair of supercharged 454's that make 750 hp each. The boat and motors have 120 hours on them since I rebuilt it with no problems. This boat runs 105 mph on radar regularly and will out accelerate most 24 and 28 skaters. I am selling the boat as I think it is time for a change after 13 years. It is a great boat.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey madmax,

It sounds like you have a hell of a boat!! I use to have a 30 velocity and I always wondered how much HP it would take to go 100mph in that hull!! Man that says something about the boat if it can go into the triple digits w/ 750's!! I would love to see some pic.'s!! How much are you asking for it? What kind of steering are you running? What drives?

You said that yours was done by Malstrom but under the regal name? I never heard of this? How many were done this way?

I have always heard that the 30 Velocity Hull was a Malstrom hull with a Allison bass boat hull on the bottom (or some kind of small fast boat)
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AGGRAVATION28
I recently bought an 89 Regal Velocity. Looks like most of you don't think much of Regals boat. Yea, I'd like to have a "real" Velocity too but this is all I can afford right now. Its not very fast but it does get me back into boating until I can get something else. QUESTION: What are the prblems or complaints? What do I need to look out for?
The windshield is too high for my taste...any ideas where I can get something else/lower?
I had 23 velocity. Be very careful on the wiring issue. I had a power cutoff on my boat and went to check and make sure the batteries where up to charge and when i turned the switch on I heard a pop by the shifter..... So i tried to turn the power switch off and it would not turn off. So i jump out off the boat at a run and was going to get a wrench to unhook the batteries and it was too late. The boat is a total loss except for the lower unit and the short block. I had no insurance which was stupid on my part but it is so close to the end of the year here I was just going to wait untill next year to renew the policy...
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Agravation 28. I have nothing against the Regal 30s. They are prob. the one of the fastest 30' boats of that era with stock/mild power. I keep catching myself looking at them. I have an 86 22 and have had no issues with it. Just check all the normal stuff over and have fun. (normal for any older boat! For example transom, stringers, wiring, fuel sytem hoses, etc., etc.)

Post up some pics!
Old 09-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1hotvelocity
I had 23 velocity. Be very careful on the wiring issue. I had a power cutoff on my boat and went to check and make sure the batteries where up to charge and when i turned the switch on I heard a pop by the shifter..... So i tried to turn the power switch off and it would not turn off. So i jump out off the boat at a run and was going to get a wrench to unhook the batteries and it was too late. The boat is a total loss except for the lower unit and the short block. I had no insurance which was stupid on my part but it is so close to the end of the year here I was just going to wait untill next year to renew the policy...

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I must say in the 20 years I have been around these boats that is the first one I have heard of burning because a "factory" wiring issue. Hopefully you will be able to regroup and get back on the water! Oh, Welcome to OSO!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Velocity 260 ,Scott M. has been gone for 5-6 years. and Max retired 3 years ago.

Quick Reply: Regal Velocity 30

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.