Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 03-31-2017, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan00TJ
LOL. I threw my original black rubber flappers in the trash when the Hardin's showed up. Funny as I was polishing my tips/flappers same day you put yours on. You inspired me to start getting the boat ready.

Bought a Raylar CoolGap sheet metal intake last week. They don't make them anymore and used to go for $2300. I got it for a very nice price. Gonna start getting parts for a 525HO build.
Ryan,

Glad to hear I gave you some inspiration to get the boat ready, just hope weather cooperates to start off the season right. Post up some pics of that intake and of your build as you go, would like to follow along and watch your progress.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 90profx
Ryan,

Glad to hear I gave you some inspiration to get the boat ready, just hope weather cooperates to start off the season right. Post up some pics of that intake and of your build as you go, would like to follow along and watch your progress.
Rainy weather is a bummer this time of year. Should have plenty of time to get it ready. Probably won't build the engine till this winter. Too late now. I plan on doing a build thread.

Donzimatt did a great job here......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...orm-build.html
Old 03-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Registered

Rainy weather is a bummer this time of year. Should have plenty of time to get it ready. Probably won't build the engine till this winter. Too late now. I plan on doing a build thread.

Donzimatt did a great job here......

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...orm-build.html

It's been raining here for 2 weeks straight and my yard is a freak'n swamp. But like you said, it's that time of the year/season to get things ready for boating season. I just want to get the boat out on the hose and listen to my Dry Pipes.....it's kill'n me to have finished that project and not been able to hear the fruits of my labor yet, now I'll be leaving for vacation for 2 weeks, maybe when I get back the weather will cut me some slack....

That's a very interesting read, thanks for sharing. I've been looking at a long term project myself, buying a fresh block and starting a build as well (maybe next year), nothing outrageous....carb motor, no boost of any kind, wanna stay at around 600 HP when it's all said and done. Looking forward to your build thread when it starts.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:28 PM
Registered

NEXT PROJECT:

I had started to build my version of the Hardin Stainless Flaps when I ran across my killer deal that I quickly pounced on. I'm going to finish this just because I started it and figure it'll be cool to do it anyway. So here's the next DIY project......................

Center pipe is 4" OD, 1/8" Rubber shims to simulate a rubber band providing the proper diamter to establish the clamping blocks. Welding the clamping blocks is next, then onto the flapper and pivot hinge assembly.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Registered

90profx... killer job! Enjoy following this!

LOL. I threw my original black rubber flappers in the trash when the Hardin's showed up. Funny as I was polishing my tips/flappers same day you put yours on. You inspired me to start getting the boat ready.

Bought a Raylar CoolGap sheet metal intake last week. They don't make them anymore and used to go for $2300. I got it for a very nice price. Gonna start getting parts for a 525HO build.
What's the replacement? Is the modified stock intake their only offering now?
Old 04-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by CJSYD

What's the replacement? Is the modified stock intake their only offering now?
Yep, modded stock intake is what they use now. Lack of demand and pricing killed the cool gap.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CJSYD
Thanks, labor of love for sure...............
Old 04-03-2017, 08:58 AM
Registered

Here's where I'm stopping till I get back from vacation:
Lower clamp-DONE
Flapper hinge assembly-DONE
Stainless Flapper plate after Vacation......................

Old 04-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Registered

For those who already have the pricey Hardin Flappers, here's just a thought as I'm working on my DIY set to keep them from ever going in the drink from coming loose or making them a little harder to steal:

.050 Stainless Lockwire.........a little added insurance:

Old 04-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 370 Likes on 196 Posts

Nice, I like That!

You better watch out or you will miss your flight to the Islands.

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.