Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 01-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got away from the old style hatch. H-60 Foam core. 1" thick, 40 lbs & super strong.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by speeddemon651; 01-28-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddemon651
I got away from the old style hatch. H-60 Foam core. 1" thick, 40 lbs & super strong.

[IMG][/IMG]

That looks really good, very clean looking, great job.

Last edited by 90profx; 01-29-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:28 AM
Registered

Ok, checking back in again with a little progress made. Sun Pad has been reattached to the fiberglass engine hatch with both new Lenco Hatch Lifts in place, I'll have to add that those Lenco's are some very nice units. I also purchased the 2 stainless hatch lift brackets you see mounted on the bottom of the hatch, not exactly where I wanted to spend $700 but it was sorely needed.

Last edited by 90profx; 02-01-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:42 AM
Registered

Today I'm removing the sun deck again to finish the fiberglass support work that's needed back at the hinge area. You really can't see it in the pic above but I'll post up another pic showing the aluminum sheet attached to the bottom of the sun deck to give the attaching screws something to bite into. It adds allot of support as well when standing on it. I also filled the open cavities below the sun deck/pad with XPS foam board to further strengthen the hatch, pics will follow.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Registered

These are the 4 gusset braces to strengthen the hinge attachment area epoxied in place prior to glassing them in:

This pic is of the aluminum sheet attached to the bottom of the sun deck/pad for the screws to get a good bite into since the plastic sun deck/pad was well worn out with multiple holes from prior removal/attachments. The white painted areas are painted because you'll see these areas when you look through the side air intakes as well as the opening in the center for motor cool air delivery when the hatch is up. These also serve as a reflector for the LED's mounted around the side air intakes, those pics coming later:

Here you can see the XPS Foam Boards glued in to bridge the open areas under the sun deck/pad for added strength and rigidity:

Old 02-12-2016, 02:45 PM
Registered

Just finished my set of insert able/removable 304 Stainless "STEALTH" flappers. As you can see they're inside the 4" tips so there's no need for ugly external rubber toilet seats:

Old 02-26-2016, 05:51 AM
Registered

Finishing up on the electricals. Changed out the Alpine head unit to a newer ALPINE UTE 52BT unit that is a radio/media player (no cd player), also has Sirius XM (a must have). Still waiting to paint the O/Drive as it's too cold at present to do a good job with reasonable cure time for handling. Changed out the 12V 10W Halogen Cuddy bulbs with G4 based LED's, more Lumens with less wattage (2.5W).

I'll sum up all I did in a photos shortly. Since I'm heading down the home stretch in getting it all done, thought I'd name the boat to reflect my efforts, picture says it all............

Rubbing compound and a buffer, stiff tooth brush and whitening tooth paste to removed all the dirt along the rub rail edges (like in the photo below) followed by a good wax job..........that's the next project

Old 02-26-2016, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I would like to switch out my halogen cuddy light bulbs as well. Were they a direct replacement or did you have to change the whole light. What part # is the bulb?
Thanks
Old 02-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revd Up
I would like to switch out my halogen cuddy light bulbs as well. Were they a direct replacement or did you have to change the whole light. What part # is the bulb?
Thanks

These replacements are for the 2 swivel head lamps on the bulkhead, I'll replace the others soon as well with LED's, I'll post up that part as well. Good o'l eBay, here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-GY6-35-Ba...QAAOSweuxWTGEy
Old 02-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Fantastic! I just ordered 2 .

Post the number of the others when you get them and I will order those as well.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.