280 velocity value? >

280 velocity value?

Notices

280 velocity value?

Old 03-15-2016, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 280 velocity value?

Due to work schedule and two small kids we haven't been using the velocity the last year. I did a rebuild of the boat a couple years back and posted it on offshore only and have only put 40 hours on it since then. Rebuild consisting of a new b1 outdrive with x gears, 509 bbc, mild ported heads, 3 angle valve job, 525 camshaft, roller everything, arp everything, 420 mega blower, super chiller, twin holleys (think 850's going off memory), forged Pistons, hydraulic steering, interior lights, etc.

Boat spins a 32 bravo 1 up to 6000 rpm's. I didkt have the gps in the boat at that time, but have seen mid 90's with the gps at lower rpm.

On a decent trailer what would you guess the value of the boat is? I'm going to list it local, but have no idea where to start.

Boat is a 98 velocity 280.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2016, 06:48 PM
DBO
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For what it's worth i paid 38,000 for my 02. Stock 496mag HO. No tabs no hydrolic steering. The boat only had 57 hrs on it and looks brand new.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you selling the boat?
Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I just put it for sale locally yesterday. I haven't used it, but 3-4 times since the build due to my second child. So between a 11 year old daughter and a 2 year old daughter we always have something going on. So the speed boat never comes up in the talks of things to do. Unfortunately, but it is the case.

I have it for sale locally for $28k obo. There is a full build thread under my name on here with all that was done. Someone will get a badass boat. It bummed me out posting it for sale because I really love it. I just hate it sitting up. I haven't been driving my mustang much and tbought about selling it too. I hate stuff sitting and not being used. Lol