Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Thanks Kenny at LTB >

Thanks Kenny at LTB

Notices

Thanks Kenny at LTB

Old 04-26-2016, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres a sorry sight. And so close to the water too!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-26-2016, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

Jon beautiful setting, however you need to cut back on work and start boating.

Padraig
Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Besides providing customer service and FOLLOW UP that is second to none - Kenny continues to be our "factory resource" after Velocity has shut down. In many ways the best part of the Velocity Powerboats Brand - the Velocity people - lives on through Kenny! As an example, I'm planning to replaces two drive and two tab indicator cables next week. Kenny not only knew the proper cable lengths for my 390 but he suggested an upgraded cable that he's personally used, provided an installation tip and delivered the cables to my door saving me at least 10% cost! We are very fortunate to have Kenny supporting us. Do yourself a favor and call Kenny for your Velocity needs!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Jon beautiful setting, however you need to cut back on work and start boating.

Padraig
I hear you man!

The thing is, power boating has gotten prohibitively expensive in the UK over the years (as it has in most civilised parts of the world). I have been boating since being knee high to a grass hopper, waterskiing and following the UK Powerboat Racing scene and I soon realised that with increased running costs, I would have to give it up at some point which is something I couldn't live with so I sold my last Powerboat in 2005 and put all my time and resources into investments that would hopefully enable me to boat into old age. When the VR1 came up for sale in 2009 I couldn't resist buying it as I viewed it as the perfect boat for my needs and was happy to bide my time until everything else was in order. Our economy has not been good and the property market has performed worse than expected which has affected plans but I am 50 now and will have finished the extension and refurbishment of our home this year which has been eating money like no tomorrow.

I too cannot recommend Kenny more highly, great guy who works hard at being helpful and is a great source for Velocity owners. Don't be shy, pick up the phone and give him a call whatever your needs.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Kenny and Steve are great people!

Kenny rebuilt my entire bilge and transom assemblies last fall and I couldn't be happier. He's much more than a boat salesman. Very hard worker and has all of the right connections to get just about any resto job done and done right.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jon H
I hear you man!

The thing is, power boating has gotten prohibitively expensive in the UK over the years (as it has in most civilised parts of the world). I have been boating since being knee high to a grass hopper, waterskiing and following the UK Powerboat Racing scene and I soon realised that with increased running costs, I would have to give it up at some point which is something I couldn't live with so I sold my last Powerboat in 2005 and put all my time and resources into investments that would hopefully enable me to boat into old age. When the VR1 came up for sale in 2009 I couldn't resist buying it as I viewed it as the perfect boat for my needs and was happy to bide my time until everything else was in order. Our economy has not been good and the property market has performed worse than expected which has affected plans but I am 50 now and will have finished the extension and refurbishment of our home this year which has been eating money like no tomorrow.

I too cannot recommend Kenny more highly, great guy who works hard at being helpful and is a great source for Velocity owners. Don't be shy, pick up the phone and give him a call whatever your needs.
The first time I broke 90 mph in a boat was with Steve in 1995. We had stopped by the factory to see Steve and order our 41. There was a 26 (true 26) that was headed to the UK, it was powered by a Volvo. The Volvo rep was there since it was the first Velocity with a Volvo, it was also the first run for this combo. Steve invited us for the test run with him, the Volvo rep in the back with the radar gun and my cheeks wrapped around my ears as Steve had the throttles pegged. The man knows how to keep the boat running on the pad. From that day I was sold on Velocity and all the people that make the brand.....its all about the people. Kenny is a new face for me since I've been out of it for a while but now that the 41 is going back in the water Kenny has been absolutely amazing helping me get it there. I sure hope the next owner of Velocity understands that the people and the service are what helped build the loyalty behind the brand.....the boats are amazing too My 41 is still my favorite V-bottom boat, it's fast and handles very predictably even in big water.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:22 PM
Registered

This kinda stuff is always a good read........
Old 04-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered

Kenny by far is the man , most honest person I have ever met in the boat industry in the last 35 years , I take my boat form NY back to him in Fl for any major work . Great guy to deal with .