Looking for owners manual/wiring diagram 89 22'

Notices

Looking for owners manual/wiring diagram 89 22'

Old 07-24-2017, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for owners manual/wiring diagram 89 22'

Hey guys,
I just recently picked up an 1989 Velocity 22'. There are a bunch of wires just hanging around everywhere and I have scoured google looking for an owners manual or wiring diagram. It is the I/O setup if that makes a difference.

If anyone has a PDF copy, or knows where I could find one it would be greatly appreciated!

I'd also be willing to pay for a physical copy if need be

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Like many boat manufacturers, I don't think Velocity ever produced any standard wiring diagrams. From my experience they did follow the Mercruiser wiring colors and many of the NMMA color codes. I would cross reference those color codes against what you are seeing. Lastly, since it's a 1989 when Regal had production rights, there might be chance that Regal published something.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 370 Likes on 196 Posts

Steve Stepp once told me that one of the problems with the Regal Velocitys was with the wiring. Sure enough on a rough day on Huron Bay I lost power to the trim on my 23 Regal Velocity. That being said, the wire colors as I remember the wire colors was standard Mercruiser/NMMA.

Hope this helps. You have one of the best 22 foot performance boats ever made.

Padraig
Old 07-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Registered

Thanks guys, the previous owner had no idea what he had and just let her sit for awhile. Worked out for me because I got an absolute steal. Looks like it was a real hack job on whoever tired to do some wiring for whatever reason.

All the switches in the cockpit don't work as well, nor do the gauges (except for the voltage and on board fire system), I've ordered new circuits and switches to see if that solves the issue. Just wondering if there was any insight on something else I should look at
Old 07-25-2017, 06:48 PM
Registered

Maybe just corrosion, was it used in salt water? What engine is in it? The only thing I can suggest is download the Mercruiser wiring diagram and start checking each guage and switch and clean each terminal. Hopefully folks with more ability then me will have some suggestions. Whereabouts are you located?

Padraig
Old 07-25-2017, 07:01 PM
Registered

That was my next step once I get the new circuits I think it just needs a good cleaning. I'm pretty sure it was used in both salt and freshwater but not 100% positive. It is the 350 I/O
Old 07-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Registered

Keep us posted on how it is going.

Padraig