Swim platform >

Swim platform

Notices

Swim platform

Old 11-18-2022, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Mike, it depends on the boat...On the VR 1 it is molded on. On the older 280 Velocity I think the aluminum platforms look great.

Padraig
Mike - Most Velocities from the mid-90s to present have either a swim platform designed in the mold or a separate molded part (410,390,320 etc) that has been glassed to the hull. As Padraig indicates the 280 and 260's are "bolt-on's" and can be replaced by an aluminum one. Aluminum vs gelcoat fiberglass is a personal preference IMO.
Old 11-18-2022, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
Hey Rick, I have been running the Hydromotive P 5 prop for quite a few years. I like it, had to have Hydromotive tweak it some, but it runs well and stays hooked up better than the Quad 4 or even the Bravo 1.

We have received about 6 inches of snow overnight and it is still coming down. Looks like I will need to fire up the snow blower soon.

Stay warm,

Padraig
Pad,

I saw your forecast and am happy I live considerably south of you! No complaints here other than the cold wind from the north.

A friend of mine has a 260 (24') running a Bravo that doesn't hook up very well for him. I'm sure the Hydro Quad 4 would be worse given experience with my 280. The 5 blade Hydro may be the right prop for him given the improved handling.

I like the Bravo handling on my 280 but may try a BBlades 4 blade prop next season.

Take care dealing with the amount of snow coming your way!
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (11-18-2022)