Notices

Velocity 410 / rebirth

Old 11-15-2022, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Velocity 410 / rebirth

Hello to all,

I'm from Greece and I'm a new owner/member in Velocity "family"
I just bought a Velocity 410 with 2 X 496HO model 2007' from auction and starting a totally rebuilding (interior, deck space, fabrics, hull paint)
Maybe the last color will be badass GOLD and BLACK

I'm open of any suggestions!!!!

For now my only problem is to found from factory any certificate or iso for my serial number, because the boat has not any papers inside (sad), I'm sending an email and I'm waiting for news.
Regards to all
Mike
Old 11-16-2022, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 506 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome to OSO, get your post count up to 10 and you can post pictures.
Colour and graphics are subjective and you will get different opinions from everyone!
As far as black and gold go, all that comes to mind for me is the Candyman Cigarette!
The following users liked this post:
jeff32 (10-18-2023)
Old 11-16-2022, 07:24 AM
Registered

Ok, I will count up to 10 my posts, then I'll post my pics.

Now the boat is almost at Gold color and have a little red flames in bow..
So, i think to paint it all gold with black deck area and fabrics. Will see!
Thank you for your answer.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_GR
Hello to all,

I'm from Greece and I'm a new owner/member in Velocity "family"
I just bought a Velocity 410 with 2 X 496HO model 2007' from auction and starting a totally rebuilding (interior, deck space, fabrics, hull paint)
Maybe the last color will be badass GOLD and BLACK

I'm open of any suggestions!!!!

For now my only problem is to found from factory any certificate or iso for my serial number, because the boat has not any papers inside (sad), I'm sending an email and I'm waiting for news.
Regards to all
Mike
Congratulations and I think I know what boat you bought but a picture will confirm! Does it have a drop down bolster seat for the driver? Did you buy the boat from a seller in the United States? If so they should have provided you with a state issued boat title or an owners registration card if the registration state (Delaware for example) does not title boats. The seller is responsible for providing this documentation to you. But let us know if the Velocity factory can help you with a replacement certificate.
Old 11-16-2022, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Congratulations and I think I know what boat you bought but a picture will confirm! Does it have a drop down bolster seat for the driver? Did you buy the boat from a seller in the United States? If so they should have provided you with a state issued boat title or an owners registration card if the registration state (Delaware for example) does not title boats. The seller is responsible for providing this documentation to you. But let us know if the Velocity factory can help you with a replacement certificate.
No, not have bolster seat for driver. I take it with 2seat sofa in driver position and maybe i will put 2 different seats bolster with suspension.
I bought it from Hellenic auction because the boat was arrested with immigrants so i bought it in very good price BUT in very bad condition.. Thats the opportunity for totally rebuilt.
I contacted with Velocity factory and ask to find me any copy of their product, but they confronted me like thief and they said "No one at Velocity is going to give you this" and "Velocity under new ownership has no records of any old boats"
The funny part is what is the truth, they don't give it to me or they don't have it?
Whoever, i send today to factory all documents and photos for proof that i took it legally from auction... Will see!
Old 11-16-2022, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

No, not have bolster seat for driver. I take it with 2seat sofa in driver position and maybe i will put 2 different seats bolster with suspension.
I bought it from Hellenic auction because the boat was arrested with immigrants so i bought it in very good price BUT in very bad condition.. Thats the opportunity for totally rebuilt.
I contacted with Velocity factory and ask to find me any copy of their product, but they confronted me like thief and they said "No one at Velocity is going to give you this" and "Velocity under new ownership has no records of any old boats"
The funny part is what is the truth, they don't give it to me or they don't have it?
Whoever, i send today to factory all documents and photos for proof that i took it legally from auction... Will see!
They are under new ownership and to tell you the truth I doubt they have any of the old documents. The company was sold then went under before the current owners got the molds and rights to the name. That would be a miracle if they have anything.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
They are under new ownership and to tell you the truth I doubt they have any of the old documents. The company was sold then went under before the current owners got the molds and rights to the name. That would be a miracle if they have anything.
Any company after the acquired must keep the "after sales services" in all customers they have the products, otherwise re-named the company to "whatever powerboats" or do not advertised in website 46years company.. It's ridiculous (imagine the Ford after their acquired says to owners "we are under new ownership and we don't have a door or engine or something").
I think if someone buy a mold, receives the technical file and certificates with the rights.
Old 11-16-2022, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

Something seems strange here. Velocity has a long history of great customer service, and I am including the new owner. I know you are in Greece, but I would call Scott McCormick and talk one on one. It could save time and misunderstanding.

Padraig

PS Have you considered how hot a black deck is????
The following users liked this post:
notda1 (11-24-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 07:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Padraig
Something seems strange here. Velocity has a long history of great customer service, and I am including the new owner. I know you are in Greece, but I would call Scott McCormick and talk one on one. It could save time and misunderstanding.

Padraig

PS Have you considered how hot a black deck is????
Yeah, you are right.. Anyway, let's leave the matter with factory and focus in Repairs and rebuilt !!!!
When I can post pictures, I put them from now till the boat completed.

Yes, black deck is hot as hot as beauty (I think).
Old 11-17-2022, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Yes I know the boat. It was specially made to accommodate a driver that was in a wheel chair. I seem to recall that Matt Trulio or Jason Johnson wrote an article about the driver and boat in OSO in 2006. I'll search OSO to see if I can find anything. It was a long time ago but I recall the name "King of Hearts" associated with the boat or the article. Although I can't offer any procedure advice, this can't be the first time that a Velocity was seized by law enforcement and actioned off. No doubt things work differently in Greece however to register a boat without a title. Suggest you give the Velocity factory the benefit of the doubt as they are as helpful as they can be and will be useful to you in the future even if they can't reproduce the original certificate now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.