This Ole 22 >

This Ole 22

Notices

This Ole 22

Old 02-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Ole 22

Hey all.. was wondering if a few of you Velocity Experts could help me out with a couple of things.. I'm in the process of trying to make an old 22... Well New(er)

After blowing up an old 320 I decided to drop in a 502MPI. Which led to an alpha to bravo swap as well..

well the motor was out I decided it was time to re-paint the bilge, which led to ... well you get the picture...

Anyways 2 Questions.

1 - any thoughts on prop? I'm thinking a 28 Bravo as a starting point but would love to know if any other people have had better/worse experiences or any suggestions as to other Props...?
2 - The windshield.. its been replaced once but it still kinda bugs me... anyone have any interesting ideas on the subject.. still seems a little big for my taste (thinking about removing it...??

anyways thoughts and comments are appreciated..
MW
Attached Thumbnails This Ole 22-velo22.jpg  
Old 02-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Registered

new power pic
Attached Thumbnails This Ole 22-newpower.jpg  
Old 02-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

VeloI have a 30 with the same deck you have,the windshield is about 6 inches high the boat is all white,had a black frame and smoked glass,looked ok,but when i painted it all white i made white plexiglass panels for the front and it came out nice,those 22's look good with it off. make a cardboard template of it and paint it a color you think you might like and see how it looks!! Tripps
Old 02-04-2004, 10:19 AM
Registered

tripps... did you paint the frame too???
any chance you can send me a pic @ [email protected]
So i can see what your boat looks like?
That sounds like a great idea... thanks alot!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

velo,yes i painted the frame the same color as the hull,unfortunatly,i'm from a town that is uncapable of postin pic's. Thats a inside joke,if you go to the superboat forum you will see what i'm talkin about. Even though i have a velocity,i spend most of my time there,cause most of my friends have 30 and 24 superboats,so i act as if it is one. I will try to post a pic soon,i gotta learn how. go check out that site,lotsa stuff there Tripps