Info on 39's and 41's >

Info on 39's and 41's

Notices

Info on 39's and 41's

Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Info on 39's and 41's

hey thoroughustler, i was wondering were you are located? and what is the name of your dealership?
also will you be at the chantilly va. boat show?
thanks Joel Ross
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Registered

The problem with the 320 is that it's a 410 with 9 feet cut off the back. That left the running surface rather short. In fact, the running surface on the 320 is shorter than the one on the 260. The new 322 will not have that problem. While it should continue Velocity's reputation as a "drivers" boat, it should not be a handful like the 320.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

funny thing is, after owning one for years, and getting other examples of the 32' hung right many times/every time in the 90+ MPH range....I feel that I can step in and drive anything V-bottom, or at least the learning curve will be very short. That boat trained me to see the bottom working in my minds eye every time, an invaluable lesson!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Registered

The first time I went out with Steve, he told me I was thinking to much as I was driving and just needed to feel what the boat was doing. That made it much easier to drive after that.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Registered

that's what I mean...intuitive (not thinking too much about it), like your *ss is the bottom of the boat or that you and the boat are one. At some point early, you either get it and it's all natural and easy after that...

...or you don't and you stay one of the unlucky bast*rds who can't drive 'em and never will, especially the 22' and existing 32'.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 PM
Registered

OK here is what I know. Put a raised deck on a 390 and you'll have a 41. Much of the length difference between the 2 boats is because of the height cut off and the agle of the bow and transom. The running surface between the two boats is nearly identical. Speaking of cutting down the heights, the 32 was supposed to be a little longer, however the angle of the bow was not considered when the height was cut off. The 32 came out of the 41 mold, the bottom was then modified/tuned. I was at the factory when they were working the plug. The old 35 was also directly out of the 41 mold, they just blocked the mold when they laid up the boat.
If you like head room then you'll like the 41. I own a 41, the cabin is plently tall, so is the cockpit. I am 6'4" and this is one of the few performance boats out there that I can be in instead of feeling like I'm riding on top of the boat. In 96 I had Steve build my boat with no cabin, just a few extra bulkheads. I also like the traditional styling so I also had him build the boat without the swimplatform. I also modified the windshield, the boat originally came through with the 12 windshield. This windshield is not a straight angle like the shorter ones, it turns verticle in the top 3 inches. I cut the windshield just keeping the top third, it doesn't wrap around anymore, I also shot it white. I'm sure there are some pics in the velocity pics thread. The boat is all white.
Now performance, the boat is powered by 550 - 600hp motors, haven't been dynoed. I spin 28" labbed B1 props to 5400 rpm, the boat runs 85 - 86 mph all day. I mostly run the Atlantic off the coast of NJ, the water here is usually big, as long as you don't overtrim the boat you can munch through just about anything. You use to much trim and you'll beat yourself to death. Everyone that has ever been in the boat, other owners of all types of performance boats, are always impressed by the performance in the rough. Again it's very much a matter of trim.
I would definitely buy another 41 if I was in the market for another V bottom. Next boat will definitely be a cat, 36 or 40 Skater. But for now the 41 is everything I ever expected in a V bottom. This year she gets an intercom.

Last edited by mr_velocity; 03-07-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tiufb
The first time I went out with Steve, he told me I was thinking to much as I was driving and just needed to feel what the boat was doing. That made it much easier to drive after that.
I've only been out with Steve once. He had just built a 32 that was headed to the UK, it had Volvos with duo-props. The Volvo tech was there and they went to run it in the river, old shop. The volvo tech held the radar gun, boat was running high 80s.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Team V
Okay... point made....

But... it doesn't cost any extra to use the tabs!

I'll do some checking in the spring... I've been wanting to find neutral on the tabs in relation to the pegs.

What fun would it be if we all just picked our tabs up and pushed our throttles to the wood all day?

(We can split hairs about getting on plane some other time )
Anyone ever try spinng the props out on a 32? My uncle has a 32 and is always dragging tab. This is something I wanted to try with him to see if it would help. I would really like to play with the CG a little. Just can't seem to find the time to help him with the 32, always too "busy" having fun with my Velocity
Old 03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Registered

Not really because a deck like the 290SC style built to length of the 39' would not make the boat longer, just provide more headroom below especially in the middle. The 39 would still be cut down boat in terms of hullside hieght. A different means to the same end of equivelent/near equivelent HR of the 41'

I'm 6'6" also and am well aware of the Velocity freeboard...it's fantastic

The 35' didn't work quite right either.

I don't think it would be of any assistance spinning props out. It's hard enough to get and keep the boat up on the small running surface as it is, with all prop at the centerline of the keel pad (inboard rotation). I think the boat would be a good deal slower thru the effect of never getting the hull lift out of the water as designed, and might handle wierd in other ways..
Old 03-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered

what about the 35 i have never seen one but did see one on here a few years ago that looks like it would be a good boat 35 long with the freeboard of the 41

Quick Reply: Info on 39's and 41's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.