HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE >

HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE

Notices

HP 500 EFI fuel injectors UPDATE

Old 09-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
A set of 8 all brand new shipped is 750. And they are flow tested again just before they are boxed up and shipped out. Thats about 90 bucks per injector. These are NOT KNOCK OFFS, All is done here in the USA and all the TESTING as well.

So far the testing (mule) is close to 58 hours run timeframes. Wanted to get 100 hours but its more than half way there. All is very well currently with the twin HP 500 EFI s. I will see it again in 2 weeks - and head to lake with it - check WOT rpms and fuel pressure thru out as well. Fuel samples and of course check scan parameters and verify running hours with scan tool . Also pull spark plugs and examine them very closely.

The owner of the boat has put a ton of faith in me and my services. Thats why I see his boat min every 2 to 3 weeks in person and I look over everything including MY INJECTORS, Actually like many of my customers we have become good friends and that even furthers his trust with anything I do.
Have you looked into testing on a flowbench instead to get some hours on them? I am sure they were already tested as a component by the supplier and he has data on them?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:47 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

we both worked and together on these. Keep in mind a flow bench is good testing and then you have real world testing and the effects of heat and heat soaking and other real world effects. One good example would be rapid on / off throttle response to throw out one jist of it. -- dead times are very important with any fuel injector..

ALL forms of testing have and are are being tested for the these plug and play injectors including running the pea out of them on water.

Prob the best words I can say ---- everything has a shelf life including injectors so time to upgrade to very current offerings instead of 1986 technology that are failure prone and GM even put out the SB about them years ago about the issues and they were moving on to the next generation of fuel injectors dumping all first gen multecs. ...

Last edited by BUP; 09-28-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Registered

Default Injectors

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
Nice work BUP let us know how it works out...can you give us an idea on pricing? Thanks
where can I purchase these injectors!
Thanks
Old 10-25-2019, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

Bup any updates?
Old 10-27-2019, 07:40 PM
BUP
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Updates from me ? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ If so I actually have over 200 engines using my new injectors to replace the Multecs - the stock marine injectors.

Volvo DPX -- 64 injectors so 8 total engines These are Multecs also - they look exactly the same as the 500 EFI s but are not the same - They flow more fuel for a short jist . These are made to order.

Mercruiser and Indmar Small Block V 8--- 392 injectors so 49 engines - these are Multecs also -- they look exactly the same as the HP 500 efi but flow less fuel for a jist of it. I have these in stock all the time.

Mercruiser HP 500 EFI - Ill say currently More than 150 engines so far are using my new replacement injectors.. I have these in stock - Many in stock because my buy in was a lot.

Thanks for asking

Last edited by BUP; 10-27-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 436 Likes on 289 Posts

So what are these worth? Not sure if i need to change mines or not but curious to know what size project that is !
Old 10-31-2019, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 644 Likes on 303 Posts

BUP,

Trying to PM you. Would like to send my 575SC injectors you way. Please call
or text me your info- 918.630eight50eight

Thanks- Scott Quinlan
Old 10-31-2019, 10:32 AM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by Quinlan
BUP,

Trying to PM you. Would like to send my 575SC injectors you way. Please call
or text me your info- 918.630eight50eight

Thanks- Scott Quinlan
Thanks guys sorry I have not spent the time up here as of late. I am so busy with everyone from all over the earth -- also the freeze has hit my neck of the woods - 29 degrees last nite and boaters have came out of the wood work.plus the phone rings every min - Anyways will call you in min and Jeff I will PM you as well.

The injectors are under 100 bucks per one and then cost breaks on how many sets one buys. THANKS
Old 06-04-2020, 07:44 PM
Registered

I have 2000 fountain with 500HP EFIs I have been losing speed down from 82 to 77. Just did top ends hoping that will fix the problem. I have not water tested yet. What are the symptoms of a bad fuel injector and how do you diagnose?
Old 06-06-2020, 12:58 AM
BUP
Banned

you start off running on a remote fuel supply with a new fuel line hooked up to the first fuel inlet side on the engine. Is the problem still there ?? also check fuel pressure is it steady eddie and reading the correct fuel pressure.

Caution a quality fuel pressure gauge needed here ?? No harbor fright tools for this testing nor a cheap tester. U are check for fuel delivery issues and if the issue(s) still exist or are clearing up from your testing ??.

You have to perform systematic test procedures and approaches to rule in and rule out the issues at hand as this is how professional marine techs start testing to find all the issues at hand because most used boats have more than one issue.

Next is I would have the fuel injectors looked at and tested electrically and flow tested. This can be done by a person who professionally does these services and have the correct machines to do so.

These 500 efi injectors can become electrically bad over time. Even GM has a service bulletin about these exact Multec injectors and the issues at hand. GM dumped these injectors in summer 2001. Yes Merc had 1000 s of them already bought and used up till 2004 for the 500 efi s.

If you have any other questions you can contact me. I have over 300 boats out in the world using what I have to offer -- easily over 300 boats currently with new plug and play fuel injectors.

Also it is important that your MEFI 3 ecm is operating correctly and with no injector driver issues. That's is common as well when MEFI s get age on them.

The best example I can give is people are not using an office or home computer of 15 to 25 years old -- Why cause most likely some internally issues took place with father time and you threw that old computer out to buy a new one. Think about the environment a MARINE ECM lives in. Failures will take place when father time settles in or when a person or tech causes the internal damage from bad habits or bad practices.

Last edited by BUP; 06-06-2020 at 01:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.