Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Vendor Talk
Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”? >

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Notices

Plane flying over Miami with “buyer beware performance boat center”?

Old 02-19-2020, 02:22 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,166 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Originally Posted by activator40
With that said I will say it a thousand more times if you buy a boat and don’t have an outside reputable and I will repeat the word reputable surveyor to do a complete survey on your purchase [b]then you deserve everything that comes with your boat.
No, you don't deserve to be fuked. Jeez.

You can do all you can to save your azz though.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:00 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PartyBarge22
nice edit , but somethings gotta pay for the pool LOL

Fill me in here because I am not following your post as my name is on it

And for the record --- All my posts are edited. For one I get timed out while typing and have to log back in to finish and or fix miss spelled words and so forth.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

And for the record --- All my posts are edited. For one I get timed out while typing and have to log back in to finish and or fix miss spelled words and so forth.
He had a dig at me earlier in this thread. I'd already explained my reasoning but repeated it for his benefit. I saw no response or apology so I assume PartyBarge22 just sees what he wants to see and writes whatever comes into his head first.

Ignore him.

RR
Old 02-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,889 Likes on 950 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP

I believe he is making a reference to the pool at Red Headed Yacht Club.
Old 02-20-2020, 05:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 632 Likes on 293 Posts

What's the old saying--" Suck it UP ButterCup!" --- Its a Boat- If you think you wont have problems then find another sport. maybe growing roses
The stories I could tell on my purchase- please note-- NOT from current PBC owners - Just move on-- and it had big Sterlings too? lol
Old 02-20-2020, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 23 Posts

Not many surveyor's are going to perform a mechanical on the engines. Especially exotic power. If you are buying a boat with big power and not expecting to have major expenses within the first 90 days, you need stock power.

Maybe I missed it here, but this is the only part I have a problem with. The previous owner acknowledged problems with the boat likely identified by PBC. The buyer claims on his site that the seller paid for repairs that never happened.
"In fact, through research of my own, I discover the previous owner of this boat actually sent Performance Boat Center money towards repairing this boat. Apparently Performance Boat Center felt the money fit better in their pockets than it did being spent on repairing this boat."

Used boat with 1300 Sterlings, purchase price will likely be the cheapest part of ownership when its all said and done.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I tend to believe the buyer's story because if it is untrue then he will lose everything in a defamation lawsuit. And it sounds like he isn't stupid. He trusted how the boat was represented by a "reputable" dealer.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

People put too much trust in brokers. My buddy went and crawled through a 42 Fountain on the showroom floor of a LOTO broker. He stepped in the cabin and felt the floor move and thought it was loose carpet. He started poking around and open the step and there was water in there level with the cabin floor. He got out and told the sales rep and they shrugged him off.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PBC sales staff

Originally Posted by Griff
I don't think I did. I'm saying that there is no reason to buy from a reputable shop vs craigslist.
In both cases, the buyer should treat the deal the same and use the same due diligence as far as inspections and surveys.
Agreed. My experience with a salesman Glen Labor , there at the PBC LOTO was far from
pleasant. Inquiring about a boat they had for sale and wanting to trade a 2004 33 baja. The short version of the conversation was “ you looking to trade that boat for a goat or what?”
The boat sold for $76,000 3 months later so it was not a POS. Very thankful I didn’t have to deal with PBC. The arrogance that resides at that business is suffocating.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I tend to believe the buyer's story because if it is untrue then he will lose everything in a defamation lawsuit. And it sounds like he isn't stupid. He trusted how the boat was represented by a "reputable" dealer.
Sounds like the buyer was wronged, perhaps he was to busy makin money and relied on them taking them for there word which you would think a dealer/broker you could trust they could always go back to seller unless they owned it on a trade or were selling it for someone on a FLIP . Craiglist and farsebook you know can't trust but a dealer /broker you would think like buying a used car off a Ford dealer lot you would feel a lil better buying vs CL or farse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.