Wanted: Power Steering Pump >

Wanted: Power Steering Pump

Notices

Wanted: Power Steering Pump

Old 08-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanted: Power Steering Pump

I need a power steering pump with the v belt pulley. If you have one post it here or email me with details to [email protected]
Old 08-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Registered

its a GM pump and res, there reman s are 60 to 79 bucks at a auto parts store I am getting one this week

. Itold the guy look up 454 turck motor 1994 and bang there it was but not in store at there wharehouse. they had the pump only in stock
Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I looked up the pulley price on BAM site and it was 135 bucks. I guess it is a marine thing.
BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
Thanks for the info. I looked up the pulley price on BAM site and it was 135 bucks. I guess it is a marine thing.
BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand.
U can buy abillet aftermarket V grove pulley for the pump , for about 50 bucks ..and it looks better too !! LOL

So NEW , total would be around 140 bucks max (PUMP & PULLEY ) !!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default p/s pump

I have a p/s pump assembly with the lines ,it came off of a 1985 260 h.p. mercruiser.I can send pics if you would like to see it
Old 09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The return line barb/nipple location on the Advance Auto reman power steering pump is not the same as on a marine application. It will interfere with the marine mounting bracket. i was replacing a bad pump so bought the reman pump, swapped out the reservoirs in the parking lot and returned the core with the automotive style reservoir. I will also mention that when I disassembled the new reman pump in the parking lot outside the store it still had old fluid in it and was full of metal filings It had never been taken apart, checked and cleaned. Only a fresh coat of paint.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lauderdaleboats
The return line barb/nipple location on the Advance Auto reman power steering pump is not the same as on a marine application. It will interfere with the marine mounting bracket. i was replacing a bad pump so bought the reman pump, swapped out the reservoirs in the parking lot and returned the core with the automotive style reservoir. I will also mention that when I disassembled the new reman pump in the parking lot outside the store it still had old fluid in it and was full of metal filings It had never been taken apart, checked and cleaned. Only a fresh coat of paint.
I wish I can do that. I need a 849906A28 replacement with no reservoir. Can't find one around, that fits.