Imco SCX or Bmax ht drives

Notices

Imco SCX or Bmax ht drives

Old 10-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Thanks for the words of wisdom..... Guess I'll go SCX all the way, not that I expect bulletproof this way either. John you've had some good luck with your modified Bravos with the 1000Lbs. of torque. The throttles on the boat are so touchy now that a little slip would toast a Bravo I'm quite sure.
Ive got 1138ft lbs if needed at 4000 where we started recording the dyno pull but I have them on video touching 1200 ft/lbs around 3600-3700rpm before we started recording the run. The reason they are living is several reasons:

1. It's on a deep v non step and the props stay in the water. If I get in a situation where there is a good chance of getting airborn....I get out of it immediately even at the cost of someone getting by me or loosing the race. But, it takes ALOT to get that boat out of the water. Even though I am running 5 blade full size maximus.....I have imco -2 shorties so I still have 10%+ slip. My boat NEVER gets into boost until I get over 70mph so my components are never seeing that kind of torque until everything is really rolling and I am past that torque output in the rpm band.....but still in the 1,000 ft lb range as I am sure you are too. The boat will accelerate like a bat out of hell with even moderate throttle movements (you know what I'm talking about...you got the same thing (BEAST)). I am sure that if I took it to the shootout and stabbed it...it would probably sink where the uppers....gimbles and all that chit exploded. My wife wants to drive it in the shootout next year....so we may find out. I told her she could not open it wide open. She said she had one speed.....so what I am going to do is change the ratio at the throttles when she makes big movements with the sticks...it will make little movements at the motor and she wont get WFO even on the dash.

2. I have a fortune in aftermarket parts in the drives. I use Eddies combination that uses multiple manufacturers components. I spend nearly 8 hours on set up just on the uppers to nail my clearances on the money. I change the oil every ten hours and I run Pro Blend additive with nearly double the recommended dosage. The whole setup is Eddies combination and he taught me how to CORRECTLY build a drive and I bought $5k worth of Bravo Tools.

3. When I get to a 100hrs, I throw all the gears in the garbage can and put brand new gears in upper and lower. I don't waste time with treating and soaking and all that crap...I am overpowering what any of that will do for my setup or the power you are making. It has worked better than ANY of us would have ever imagined but like you say....it is not idiot proof. When I start getting on it.....I just keep the throttles a little bit in front of the boat. There is no dashboard action until I get into the high 80's before I really lean on it.

4. I do not drink alcohol at all and I have found that has a remarkable effect in me being able to not keep the Fuk It button depressed the entire time someone is beside me. Instead, I think of how much time and money I have in my setup and how hard I had to work to be able to have this stuff. After I run around in the #6 boat....I have to have a talk with myself before I take the bravo boat out. #6 is the chit...but it also comes at a heavy price tag. I wanted number sixes since 1995 and I had to work till 2008 before I could work it out where I could actually have a pair.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Talk to Louie. He has the new SCX combo with Eddies motors and I ran multiple runs with him at the shootout. He has ran the snot out of his. I think he is around the 1,000hp mark and he hasnt even had any metal on the drain plugs. I have witnessed him first hand flogging that thing like a chiken and we were all out of the water on Sunday at the shootout. He also won his class at 114mph in a 35ft Donzi that isnt even dialed in!
Old 10-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

So far no metal in my Dick Tryce built bravo style drives. But I have driven exactly like you prescribed. With the power of the engines I think I could break the drives on demand with a stab of the throttle. I think I could drive it so they wouldn't break, but I want to have a little mre fun than that.
Sounds like your wife needs some SCXs for Christmas. That's going to be something else to have a couple running seperate boats at the shootout. Is she going to tow the boat there as well? You'll be busy getting ready for that one.
Thanks for the advice. Eric
Old 10-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Registered
VIP Member

So far no metal in my Dick Tryce built bravo style drives. But I have driven exactly like you prescribed. With the power of the engines I think I could break the drives on demand with a stab of the throttle. I think I could drive it so they wouldn't break, but I want to have a little mre fun than that.
Sounds like your wife needs some SCXs for Christmas. That's going to be something else to have a couple running seperate boats at the shootout. Is she going to tow the boat there as well? You'll be busy getting ready for that one.
Thanks for the advice. Eric
SCX's are not in the budget (I would love to have a set). Bruce is going to drive next year, so I am going to see if Eddie will pull it and me pull the OL. Debbie can drive it.....but we gotta have lots of docking practice before next year. Our pit slips were tight. It was all I could do to get in some times in the OL. There is no way she could have handled that part on her own. She will get to go if she puts the time in between now and then to master docking under all conditions and me sign off on her log book. If I had another dually, I wouldnt mind at all for her to tow the 38 up there. She pulls the OL all over the place....when we go to Destin, she launches me in the bay and then drives across town down these little bitty streets and backs the rig into the house we rent that has a slip. It is a TIGHT fit and I couldnt do any better myself....while I am bringing the boat around the bay and to the house via water. There is no phone contact either as that is my only time get on the gas like a maniac without someone screaming SLOW DOWN!
Old 10-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am selling my SCX with the SC lower 1.5 ratio and standard length
Old 10-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

When I had problems with my IMCO Extreme SC's that were brand new and IMCO basically told me to go Fuk off, I turned my back and ran away... They may have a good drive with the SCX but the way they treated me the can suck it.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
When I had problems with my IMCO Extreme SC's that were brand new and IMCO basically told me to go Fuk off, I turned my back and ran away... They may have a good drive with the SCX but the way they treated me the can suck it.
Yeah, I agree. I tried to explain that there was no water passage cast into one of the SC uppers and they said "What part of no warranty don't you understand"
I had to get old man IMCO on the phone to even look at the pictures of the missing water passage.
Never even apologized for their mistake.

Last edited by Back4More; 10-12-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Looking for some Imco SCX drives or possibly BMax HT drives. Eric 270-991-3139
Buddy of mine bought the Bmax company out of Florida and it's now located in Nebraska. If you need some info on them his number is 800-792-7286 ask to speak to John Pfahl.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Yeah, I agree. I tried to explain that there was no water passage cast into one of the SC uppers and they said "What part of no warranty don't you understand"
I had to get old man IMCO on the phone to even look at the pictures of the missing water passage.
Never even apologized for their mistake.
They said the same exact thing to me... After a $25K investment and breaking two in 10 hours the least they could have done was worked with me... I wasn't asking anything for free, just stand behind your products.

Then they tried accusing me of shifting the drive into gear at 2K rpms and that my engines must be experiencing "torque spikes"... Then the guy went on to tell me that under no circumstances should the engines be shifted into gear anything more than 800 rpms.. I nearly blew my top because any high HP engine without EFI idles above 800 rpms.. lol

What a joke it was..
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Registered

konrad ace package they cover your azz up to 800lbtq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.