Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Imco SCX or Bmax ht drives

Looking for some Imco SCX drives or possibly BMax HT drives. Eric 270-991-3139
Old 09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Eric I have B-Max for sale in the classifieds for $6500.00 it only has 25 hrs on it call me 1-616-799-3153
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
Registered

Any others?
Old 09-30-2010, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Go with the Imco's. You could pay me to put Bmax's on a cat!!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about some dry sump 6's with transom assy's for $45K
Old 09-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Registered

Fountain 40 what's your bad experience with the bmax and cats?
Back for more that's probably a good option but not in my budget not only in the cost of the drives but the rerig, trannies, props etc.....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Bruce blew up so many Bmax's on the Hustler Cat he had with 800hp that the guy that was making them (I think it was the Bravo Shop....I have slept since then) finally threw his hands up on warranty and said.....I give up....I cant fix them anymore. We carried it to LCM and they converted it to #6's. The Bmax lowers would blow up as it was constant load no load. When the lower didnt blow up...the ears would break off of the props. I would have boxes of brand new Bravos and custom herings. I would sit at the ramp with the truck and trailer....he would make a pass...pull back in and we would load it up and I would put some more props on it. (we were trying to dial it in) When the lowers didnt blow up....it would hang either in forward gear or reverse and you couldnt get it out. It was a nightmare. On the other hand, I have talked to Vbottom guys with what they said was 800hp and they loved them. All I know.....is if I was you.....based on our cat experience (I was pulling Bruces wrenches before Eddie got here) I would not go the bmax route on your boat. Not to mention...you are making SIGNIFICANTLY more power and torque than we were fooling with at that time. My opinion and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Bruce blew up so many Bmax's on the Hustler Cat he had with 800hp that the guy that was making them (I think it was the Bravo Shop....I have slept since then) finally threw his hands up on warranty and said.....I give up....I cant fix them anymore. We carried it to LCM and they converted it to #6's. The Bmax lowers would blow up as it was constant load no load. When the lower didnt blow up...the ears would break off of the props. I would have boxes of brand new Bravos and custom herings. I would sit at the ramp with the truck and trailer....he would make a pass...pull back in and we would load it up and I would put some more props on it. (we were trying to dial it in) When the lowers didnt blow up....it would hang either in forward gear or reverse and you couldnt get it out. It was a nightmare. On the other hand, I have talked to Vbottom guys with what they said was 800hp and they loved them. All I know.....is if I was you.....based on our cat experience (I was pulling Bruces wrenches before Eddie got here) I would not go the bmax route on your boat. Not to mention...you are making SIGNIFICANTLY more power and torque than we were fooling with at that time. My opinion and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee.
Similar experience but the Talon only had 575's. The owner blew I think 7 or 8 in a year and a half. He took the boat back to Hustler and they converted the boat to #6's. Bmax's also slow the boat down a couple mph. Worthless IMHO.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for the words of wisdom..... Guess I'll go SCX all the way, not that I expect bulletproof this way either. John you've had some good luck with your modified Bravos with the 1000Lbs. of torque. The throttles on the boat are so touchy now that a little slip would toast a Bravo I'm quite sure.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KYElimEagle
Fountain 40 what's your bad experience with the bmax and cats?
Back for more that's probably a good option but not in my budget not only in the cost of the drives but the rerig, trannies, props etc.....
I hear ya man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.