Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Offshoreonly Marketplace > Wanted
38' gooseneck for top gun >

38' gooseneck for top gun

Notices

38' gooseneck for top gun

Old 11-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

I see, I paid for a rack the other day for next season. Sooooo, the day is fast approaching, 4 years in the making.

I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! Unless it's a second boat. I did have the Pursuit this season, a really great boat to go party at the islands and still handle with just me and the GF.

I need to be one of those guys that when you pickup your boat from the factory, you just roll the deposit over to the next build.

How's the little guy? Will you be around OH this summer or down South???
Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Cant wait to see it Justin!!
Old 11-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frickstyle
I see, I paid for a rack the other day for next season. Sooooo, the day is fast approaching, 4 years in the making.

I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN! Unless it's a second boat. I did have the Pursuit this season, a really great boat to go party at the islands and still handle with just me and the GF.

I need to be one of those guys that when you pickup your boat from the factory, you just roll the deposit over to the next build.

I feel your pain, I'm going on 3 years, I hope to be on the water next year... Your Cig turned out beuattiful, and its good to here your almost ready for the water. I would never do what I did to my Cig unless I could do most of the work myself, if I put a dollar figure on the time I have in it, and the money in parts I could of have bought a newer 39 staggered Gun, I guess it all goes back to what you want and how big your wallet is....
Old 11-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 463 Likes on 211 Posts

I'm not as close to being in the water as you are. Yes, I agree, it;s a little foolish to be spending big money on old boats. I stopped counting the receipts earlier this year. Nice boat.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Well it's ok if you love the boat nothing wrong with a sweet old Cig... My buddy Brian's 36 wide body gets way more attention then newer cigs....
Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks frick.... and your right full, just saying it takes a lot of time and $, but that's what I love to do, take some heap and turn it something super nice.. I love the boat I have, it my not be brand new, but its the way I wanted it, and I did it, I have a deeper appreciation for it than just going out buying something that someone else done, and know every single inch of it and how to fix it, .
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by frickstyle

The little guy is doing good. Just celebrated his 1st birthday. Thanks for asking. I should be back for a few weekends. Still not sure about moving south. Not many opportunities for the wife... But, we keep looking/ dreaming. I think you made the right move by tossing the receipts.... I had to do the same with the scout. The two things you have to keep in mind is 1. The boat will be exactly how you want it! I have to agree with tc on that. 2. You have become one with the boat! Just think, you gained a new family member! Also can't wait to see!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't say I've seen too many goosenecks used for 38' and under boats (typically they are under 42's and larger), but I can tell you they are a dream to tow.