Wanted OMC 4.3L Block and exhaust manifolds >

Wanted OMC 4.3L Block and exhaust manifolds

Notices

Wanted OMC 4.3L Block and exhaust manifolds

Old 10-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Wanted OMC 4.3L Block and exhaust manifolds

Looking for a Block, exhaust manifolds and oil cooler for 4.3L OMC. Preferably in the St Louis Metro area or Lake of the Ozarks.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have manifolds , dfw area , and bare block ,roller cam style
Old 10-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

The 4.3 I had didn't have an oil cooler? I have a drive very cheap if your interested.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered

I need a block with the fuel pump on the block. How much for the manifolds?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:24 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I have everything all freshwater - OMC complete engines, drives & transom assemblies, trim pumps, steering and so on, All used, all freshwater use - just stored for years inside storage.

Like I said to you on facebook watch out for the one piece OMC exhaust manifolds. Never seen a used set as of late not cracked internally or externally. They do not hold up over time even in fresh water. I do sell the conversion kit to get rid of the one piece exhaust manifold in which is NLA for years to except the 2 piece exhaust manifolds & risers. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Registered

Thanks for your reply. After doing many hours of research I have found out the same thing you told me last week. The used manifolds seem to be rusted out and the conversion kit seems to be the best bet. How much for the complete engine or block and the manifold conversion? Problem is the freight will be pretty expensive. Send me a PM if you do not want to throw out prices on the forum.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:22 PM
BUP
Banned

The OMC 1 piece manifolds - bottom seam - cracks and or rusts thru all the time and leak like a shower. Like I said I have not seen a good pair in a very long while. Anyways shipping & crating is going to kill you. Have no idea if this is a customers boat as you do need to make profit on but be reasonable enough on the out the door price to him to sell the job to begin with.

What is your timeframe here especially since boating is almost over. I do have a couple of friends that come around once an awhile that boat up in the northern OK and LOTO areas. Just saying to see about a lower cost option to you on the shipping end.

The conversion kit is brand new matched up to new risers and manifolds. I could see if I have a used 2 piece set of V6 OMC exhaust manifolds & risers to mount with the rest of the new conversion kit. Trying to help you out here - that's it.

Last edited by BUP; 10-22-2014 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
The OMC 1 piece manifolds - bottom seam - cracks and or rusts thru all the time and leak like a shower. Like I said I have not seen a good pair in a very long while. Anyways shipping & crating is going to kill you. Have no idea if this is a customers boat as you do need to make profit on but be reasonable enough on the out the door price to him to sell the job to begin with.

What is your timeframe here especially since boating is almost over. I do have a couple of friends that come around once an awhile that boat up in the northern OK and LOTO areas. Just saying to see about a lower cost option to you on the shipping end.

The conversion kit is brand new matched up to new risers and manifolds. I could see if I have a used 2 piece set of V6 OMC exhaust manifolds & risers to mount with the rest of the new conversion kit. Trying to help you out here - that's it.
Yea, I work on boats on the side. This one is for a friend of my brothers. He got the boat cheap after the previous owner failed to winterize it. Can't put more into it than the boat is worth. It was stored indoors and has no sun fade.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you know the part number on the manifolds?

If it's OMC13857656 retail on them is $319.00. MANIFOLD-GM 4.3L V6 OMC-VOLVO

Last edited by eddie; 10-26-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:12 AM
BUP
Banned

All OMC V-6 from 1986 thry 1990 used a 1 piece exhaust manifold - it was a turn down style as completely one piece like Mercruiser used in 1997 thru 1999 on their V-6 apps only. Both OEM complete one piece exhaust manifolds are NLA. finding used ones is 90% taking a bad chance for not leaking and or longevity. All I can say with the used 1 piece manifolds is good luck with that.

Part number listed above 13857656 is a Bar exhaust manifold only no riser either . He needs the 2 piece (exhaust manifold and riser) then the conversion kit to make it work properly. The conversion kit is the correct exhaust hoses and upper exhaust pipes to fit properly in the existing Y exhaust pipe. The same goes for the Mercruiser 1997 - 1999 V6 one piece junk exhaust manifolds and like I said they are no longer available as well. 2 different set ups here from Merc and OMC but the same idea when they used their 1 piece exhaust manifolds.