okie tunnel >

okie tunnel

Notices

okie tunnel

Old 05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: okie tunnel

Okietunnel, I Turn the wrenches on my brothers 28 SXT and was thinking about trying a 5 blade prop. I asked the boys at Warlock what they suggested and their reply was "don't bother". They say that the Bravo 4 blade is the best prop for their hull. The 28 Bravo works very well (also using the Imco drive)except we have to shake it loose to get on plane. They said that is normal. The boat will run mid 90's . last fall, with perfect conditions, we ran 103 (gaffrig GPS speedo). Thats a stock HP500 with a procharger @ 5# boost. Love them Warlocks!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

okie tunnel,ya that is were we unload! we wont have to this weekend b/c we left the boat on the lift! you shouldnt have very much trouble unlodding at buncombe b/c there planning on unloading a 42 lightning there this weekend! and we unloaded ours there this past weekend so u hsould be fine! but yes we got out drive put on, it turned out to be fairly easy!!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

I am going to put in Friday through Sun and maybe Monday. I am going to call you at DC pickup if I can tomorrow to exchange cell numbers.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thats sounds good to me
Old 06-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Sorry I didn't get you called last week. I am going to try to call you tomorrow and get your cell. Then I can always buzz you when I am at the lake. It should be even more often now. I just bought a lakehouse in Cardinal Hill.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:09 PM
Registered

Okie, are you using tunnel tabs on your 31? Mine doesn't have them, but I drove a 31 before buying mine with them and it was smooth like silk.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:38 AM
Registered

Yes, I have tunnel tabs. You need to get some. Since I adjusted them down to about 1/4 inch below the tunnel I am coming out of the hole ALOT faster. I didn't expect it to change the takeoff but its like a different boat. I am still adjusting as we speak. I am trying to get some 90-100mph porpoise out of it.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

were you at texoma this past weekend.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

how does your boat act with the shorter drives. thinking of going to shorties myself.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Registered

Hi Johnny, I wasn't at the lake last weekend but I will be there this weekend. You need to measure your X dimension and compare it to mine. We think we are going to ultimately have to add a spacer to bring the X dimension down to make this boat run at its full potential. We think the prop is just a little too far out of the water. I am going to run it FridaY and see top speed. I made tab adjustments a few weeks ago and noted how well it planes but I never ran it over95 or so. If it didn,t lose any top speed with the change (or hopefully starts picking some up) I will keep taking the tunnel tabs down. When it starts scrubbing speed I will add the spacers on the lowers if we aren't near 110. I'll bet your x dimension is lower than mine right now but yours may be closer to correct than mine.

Quick Reply: okie tunnel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.