okie tunnel

Notices

okie tunnel

Old 04-23-2005, 08:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default okie tunnel

where have you been, have you changed anything this year?
Old 05-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

Default Re: okie tunnel

I just posted to your other thread. I had seals blown on a drive and the gears were getting torn up. I just bit the bullet and added IMCO SC drives ( Bulletproof I hope!) We also turned the motors up another 100HP per side. I am also adding 5 blade props which are supposed to be in before the weekend. I was running more than 20% slip and on the rev limiters with the 30 Bravo four blades. We also added a GPS speedometer. The props are supposed to help me lift the nose as well as get my slip where it should be. I will be out on Saturday as long as the props come in. Feel free to call me if you want at the office. I may not be able to talk right then but will call back.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i will be going down to texoma this weekend to put my drive back on sat afternoon. i have changed alot on my boat last winter. looks alot better. what did you do to get another 100hp out of your motors,or is that top secret .

Last edited by johnnyboatman; 05-16-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Registered

My motors are 525 SC's if you remember. Leon Dereberry is doing the work this week. It is a pulley change and some carb rejetting. He has done alot of 525 SC's like this. He did the first few on the dyno and gets right at 100HP. I will check on my old drives for you. Leon and I haven't worked it out yet but they will be sold.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Registered

What model boat do you run? How does it go?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Registered

Warlock 31 sxt Twin 525SC's putting out about 600HP each now, IMCO SC drives and now heavily labbed 38pitch 4 blades. We are porpoising at 100 and are getting it worked out. Expecting close to 110 if we can get it dialed correctly. I think the previous owner raised these drives too much.
We are adjusting the trim tunnel tabs to correct the porpoise but I think we will have to drop the X dimension to get it right enough for 110.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what ratio are you using 1.5 or 1.36 w/ 38 pitch it must be a dog out of the hole. the guy i bought my boat from said they couldnt plain out w/ imco shorties
Old 05-23-2005, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what rpm are you spinin those 38s at, and is that gps speed or a guessometer also heard you had a hard time getting out of your ramp at c.c
Old 05-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

They are coming out of the whole fine if I am loaded light but sloow after a fillup and four adults. Speed is brand new GPS Gaffrig monster guage. Ratio is 1.36 Five blades didn't work well running 96 spinning in and less spinning out (or vice versa)
Old 05-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, Ramp at C.C. is sucking! Gonna try Buncombe next weekend. Is that the one you use? Did you get your drive installed? Leon has my old Bravo's for sale if you are looking.

Quick Reply: okie tunnel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.