29 WC - Too much stern lift >

29 WC - Too much stern lift

Notices

29 WC - Too much stern lift

Old 03-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 29 WC - Too much stern lift

Anybody have trouble with too much stern lift at WOT. When running a 28 or 30 bravo at WOT I really feel the stern come up and the bow just seems to fall off - it's not really a porpoise just an inability to carry the bow. I spoke with Carter and and he suspected that I may have a very agressive X-dim - we measured it and it was pretty high - about where he sets up the F-1. He suggested trying a 1" drive spacer but I haven't been able to locate one yet. I thought of haveing the prop worked but haven't gotten around to that either. Any other suggestions. I know I've got some more MPH in it if it just didn't run so wet.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:13 PM
racefever

what hp do you have. aiso what conditions are you running in warlocks seem to like at least a little chop. mine seem to stick to the water ( the bow) when it is flat. we are running a 500 hp & about 650 hp in the other. be glad to help if i can. F1-90 propco

Old 03-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Registered

Running a Whippled 502 - probably about 625 hp. I know what you mean about the boat liking chop, But this problem is is not condition specific it just happens whenever I get into the 70's. As its comming up to speed, especially if I'm on the throttle hard I get this sensation of the stern rising and then the bow just seems to fall, tries to lift then falls again - like I said it's not really as pronounced as a porpoise nor crerates a serious controll problem, its just scrubbing a little speed everytime the bow falls and not letting that awesome step work to its full effectiveness. What do you think, should I get the prop worked or try to locate a spacer to try (got any idea's who's got one). Thanks
Old 03-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

I would suspect Carter is on the right track with the X-dim: I'd try the spacer first.
I'll check my contacts to see if anyone has one.

Good Luck
Steve
F1-36
Old 03-28-2002, 09:00 AM
racefever

my X-DIM is at the legal limit for f-1. we have also spent a lot of time on the bottom. notice on right hand turns it does this really bad. we blueprinted the bottom and it really helped. but alot of time and work. david (myself) or brian would be gald to talk to you on the phone e-mail WARLOCK [email protected] . there are a couple of mph in the bottom. we have a .5" spacer but may be to small

Old 03-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Kokopelli
I'm having a similar problem..especially in smooth water. I've been wanting to try a spacer too..I've been told that helps. I even have some pics of the boat running wot and you can see the spray is coming out in front of the step. What kind of top end are you seeing with the 28. I'm pretty much stuck in the mid 80's and I know thers more there.
Dan
Old 03-28-2002, 07:53 PM
racefever

hint: ROCKER in the bottom causing it to fall off the step!!!

Old 03-28-2002, 11:38 PM
Registered

Location: I knew I shouldn't have made that left turn in Albuquerque...

Just a thought, but would a bowlift prop help?
Old 04-02-2002, 09:10 PM
Registered

Racefeaver thanks for the suggestion but allready eliminated that one.

Dan,

I'm still dialing in after my whipple install - best speed to date was 79 (gps) during a poker run in 110 degree heat with about 600 lbs passengers, 600 lbs beer (for the passengers) and 600 lbs gas. hopefully this spring I'l be seeing the 80's as well.