Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Powell any must see locales? >

Lake Powell any must see locales?

Notices

Lake Powell any must see locales?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Powell any must see locales?

Heading there 9/12-18th. Looking for things to do along with boating. Anyone know of some short hikes with petroglyfs (sp.), cool canyons, or even a place to watch some college football? We'll be staying on the boat so lake access is a must. If anyone will be there, we'd be up for meeting some OSO members.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Rainbow Bridge. Not sure you'll get very good TV reception on the water. Once you leave the marina cell coverage is almost nill.
Jay

Last edited by never enuff; 08-26-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered

do a search on here, someone had som real nice pictures. the canyons in some areas looked very tight, seen one picture where there was about a foot on each side and they were just wading the boat through. might be better if u take a small rubber kayak or raft. have fun, show us some pictures when ya get back.Jaime
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered

To much to see and do. I recommend to go get lost in Escalente canyon. Heres a pic of our camp in Oak bay. Bring a fishing pole.
Attached Thumbnails Lake Powell any must see locales?-dsc_0176.jpg  
Old 08-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Registered

Escelante is a must if you are getting that far from the marinas. Just pull in every cove you can and exlore it some look like they end narrow to about 10' wide and you get through it and it will open back up and go for miles. San Juan is another arm you could spend alot of time in but personally i would not make it a priority destination.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by never enuff
Rainbow Bridge. Not sure you'll get very good TV reception on the water. Once you leave the marina cell coverage is almost nill.
Jay
I don't have satellite t.v., I was hoping wahweap lodge would have a bar with a tv to watch the Michigan/Notre Dame game. Thanks for all the replies. We'll definitely do some exploring. I thought about bringing a raft for narrower parts of the canyons... don't want to have any boat damage. I'm sure we'll hit Rainbow Bridge and Cathedral Church? looks cool too. This is one trip I'll lift the ban on fishing poles aboard my boat. Sorry this paragraph is all over the place, I was trying to answer all the replies. I'll post pics when I get back. Hopefully I'll have some stuff for the uncensored section. lol
Old 08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Registered

Page has some good bars that will have the game on.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Registered

Not many better places than lake powell...

Old 08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Couple More...

Old 08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleek1
I don't have satellite t.v., I was hoping wahweap lodge would have a bar with a tv to watch the Michigan/Notre Dame game. Thanks for all the replies. We'll definitely do some exploring. I thought about bringing a raft for narrower parts of the canyons... don't want to have any boat damage. I'm sure we'll hit Rainbow Bridge and Cathedral Church? looks cool too. This is one trip I'll lift the ban on fishing poles aboard my boat. Sorry this paragraph is all over the place, I was trying to answer all the replies. I'll post pics when I get back. Hopefully I'll have some stuff for the uncensored section. lol
Honestly you don't need a little raft...just go to bass pro shop and get some of those telescoping poles to keep yourself off the walls. The water is clean enough that if there is something that you need to avoid you will be able to see it easily. At the end of most "arms" the bottom is all sand.

Quick Reply: Lake Powell any must see locales?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.