Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 04-25-2023, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,066 Likes on 395 Posts

Saturday looks like a good day to run Lake Coeur d Alene.

The following users liked this post:
thisistank (04-26-2023)
Old 04-30-2023, 08:50 AM
Registered

thisistank (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

We have indeed had a couple beautiful weekends, next weekend is looking great too. Anyone else going to/volunteering at the St. Joe river races?
Old 05-06-2023, 11:06 AM
Registered

Hey, happy to run into this post right at the top! I am a Cd'a native, live in Spokane now. Most of my boating is in the Cd'a, but I am happy to put in elsewhere and play. Happy to find some more people who enjoy a bit of speed on the water. I have also been kicking around the idea of putting together a poker run/fun run which I have dubbed the Popcorn 50. It spans 50 miles from the Post Falls dam to Popcorn Island on Killarny Lake, a really fun trip that spans the breadth of Lake Cd'a and hopefully shows people some of the hidden gems on the Cd'a River as well.

I would post a photo of the boat and route, but I guess I have to do some more posting.
thisistank (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 12:03 PM
Registered

This is Harrison at the mouth of the cda river. Until last Saturday, I didn’t know cda river was that big. I’m used to seeing it farther east along 90. Chad at Legend Marine told me about Killarny Lake. We didn’t go up the river as it was getting late but looked scenic.

Yep a couple more cool drizzly days and back to summer. 😎
Beautiful lake no doubt. Much longer run north to south than I remembered.
thisistank (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 3,411 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0

This is Harrison at the mouth of the cda river. Until last Saturday, I didn’t know cda river was that big. I’m used to seeing it farther east along 90. Chad at Legend Marine told me about Killarny Lake. We didn’t go up the river as it was getting late but looked scenic.

Yep a couple more cool drizzly days and back to summer. 😎
Beautiful lake no doubt. Much longer run north to south than I remembered.

how’s your house coming in the new houses / golf course project area? Are they building a lot of stuff in the area yet? What’s the eta on opening the course and stuff? I’m sitting back rubbing my hands like Mr burns waiting for our land value at trestle creek to sky rocket once all those mini mansions are in. 😁lol
Old 05-06-2023, 03:38 PM
Registered

I always thought he looked like our grifter in chief prez.

Seems like a lot of building still going on around here. That’s a nice area up around there, not far from Sandpoint and all, I’d wait for the next pop, hopefully shortly after Nov 24.
thisistank (05-06-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
how’s your house coming in the new houses / golf course project area? Are they building a lot of stuff in the area yet? What’s the eta on opening the course and stuff? I’m sitting back rubbing my hands like Mr burns waiting for our land value at trestle creek to sky rocket once all those mini mansions are in. 😁lol

You looking for a place in Havasu?
Old 05-06-2023, 03:40 PM
Registered

Wow, I cant even quote your post until I have 10 of my own 😂

Oh yes, most people on the lake are clueless about how far you can run down the river and all the beautiful little lakes you can get into from the Cd'a river. Definitely the intent of the run is to introduce people to that. Wish I could post pictures or videos, but as a kid we would run the Cd'a or St. Joe every fall after the leaves changed and started falling, its a stunning view running wide open on a glass smooth surface will all the leaves floating. We did the run this last fall, had a great time. There is even some wild cranberry bogs to pick from is you know where to look.

The St. Joe in particular is a little intimidating to navigate, but its plenty deep (at least at standard lake levels). Kind of like flying a fighter plane rolling through the canals there.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,411 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
You looking for a place in Havasu?

Yeah, that's the plan. gonna sell our place in Hawaii to "swap" for a place in Havasu since we'll use it more. But keeping the plot up there in Idaho. Don't really see a reason to sell it. It's the last open lot up Creek Side Ln at Trestle Creek. Backs up to the creek and is absolutely beautiful in the woods on the property. But like I said, I think the prices are going to jump when all those high end homes are built and the golf course is in. I thought you were building a place on the course, no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.