Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 05-06-2023, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,117 Likes on 419 Posts

No I’m on the river about 10 mi west of Sandpoint. There’s a guy on RDP that was building up near your place but I don’t know him.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 3,414 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
No I’m on the river about 10 mi west of Sandpoint. There’s a guy on RDP that was building up near your place but I don’t know him.
AH! That's who I'm thinking of. Curious as to how things are going with that big 'ol project.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mutt2jeff
Wow, I cant even quote your post until I have 10 of my own 😂

Oh yes, most people on the lake are clueless about how far you can run down the river and all the beautiful little lakes you can get into from the Cd'a river. Definitely the intent of the run is to introduce people to that. Wish I could post pictures or videos, but as a kid we would run the Cd'a or St. Joe every fall after the leaves changed and started falling, its a stunning view running wide open on a glass smooth surface will all the leaves floating. We did the run this last fall, had a great time. There is even some wild cranberry bogs to pick from is you know where to look.

The St. Joe in particular is a little intimidating to navigate, but its plenty deep (at least at standard lake levels). Kind of like flying a fighter plane rolling through the canals there.
Do a Post Falls to Rockford Bay lunch run at Shooters then go from there.
Once the word got out you’d have to get them to make arrangements to accommodate the crowd.
Old 05-08-2023, 06:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
AH! That's who I'm thinking of. Curious as to how things are going with that big 'ol project.

That would be the Idaho Club. It’s on the Pack River delta just across the mountain from your place. Top notch from what I see. The thing about North Idaho is the limited amount of level ground. When the demand spikes it creates a temporary frenzy. I’ve seen two crazy spikes since I’ve been coming up here. I sold into one but ended up buying back high so didn’t really gain much.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

"Do a Post Falls to Rockford Bay lunch run at Shooters then go from there.
Once the word got out you’d have to get them to make arrangements to accommodate the crowd."

Thank for the input. I worry about running a bunch of boats up the Spokane river during the busy season, so we would probably have to kick off a little earlier than most runs to avoid traffic if it was a full blown fun run. Maybe Shooters would be interested in a brunch crowd, or go to Harrison. Tons of docking there. But Q'emiln park is a great launch to start from with lots of parking and fuel available so I like that start. I think this year would just be an informal thing, get a few people together and run the course, see what people think.
Old 05-08-2023, 12:18 PM
Registered

I’m sure any get together that includes a brisk run down the lake and good food & drinks would be fun.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:52 PM
Registered

Anyone Heading to the St. Joe jetboat races this weekend? We are onboard as one of the safety boats, should be a good time.

Went out and did some testing today, I had to pull the motor last week after my Barnes dry sump pump locked a couple weeks ago (just do a health check on the bottom end, make sure no more debris where gonna make their way into the new pump). Water is way up, lake is absolutely loaded with debris. Real minefield out there, happy to have an aluminum boat. Got about half an hour of testing in before the storm kicked up and got to wick it back to dock. Whitecaps and log dodging at 60 mph makes for and interesting run back. Boat was running great though, cleared up a couple longstanding issues while the motor was out.
Old 05-09-2023, 05:03 AM
Registered

Looks like nice weather for it as long as you stay dry, I think the water temps are mid 40’s.
I’d go but I’m out of town till the end of the month. Only time I’ve seen roll cages in boats. “Kid Turbo” here on this site has a customer in southern idaho with a duramax jet boat but I don’t think there are any North Idaho locals on this site. There are several on river Dave’s place you might check with. We were out on the lake last Saturday and it was clean except at the cda river mouth.
I’m on the pend o rielle river and yeah the warm weather has a lot of snow melt bringing the levels up quickly.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 05-09-2023 at 08:38 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Hoodoo 2.0:
mutt2jeff (05-09-2023), thisistank (05-09-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 04:59 PM
Registered

War rig ready to head out to the Jetboat races tomorrow, looks like a great weekend to be on the water.

The following 2 users liked this post by mutt2jeff:
Hoodoo 2.0 (05-11-2023), thisistank (05-11-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 05:51 AM
Registered

What kind of front axle did you put in the rv?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.