Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 07-23-2023, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice meeting you Hoodoo. We had a great time, some fun boats, lots of cool people, and Pend Orville is a great lake to explore. We only made it to one card stop then dinner. We got to Bayview, hung out there for an hour, then went to Beyond Hope for lunch. By the time we were done there it was three and the card stops closed at 4. So we hit the sandbar. Highlight of the day was definitely the ride along in the Skater, what a machine.

The following users liked this post:
thisistank (07-25-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 1,117 Likes on 419 Posts

Yep Skater Jerry is a trip. Egged him into lighting it up going north around the bend to Bottle Bay two years ago.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hoodoo 2.0:
mutt2jeff (07-31-2023), thisistank (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PLYSGLF
Reid had a unicorn. I'll see him in a few weeks for Chelan Poker Run. Wonder where it went off to? Was only $70k with 500EFI's and hull #2 of 2.
Arriving Sat morning for Chelan turned out to be a bad idea, the ramp was full except for a few single open spots I couldn’t get into. We never got wet. Beautiful water though, maybe the clearest freshwater I’ve ever seen. The 12% grade coming into town was interesting. Will come back someday when we can spend the weekend. Maybe do Roosevelt in Aug.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Arriving Sat morning for Chelan turned out to be a bad idea, the ramp was full except for a few single open spots I couldn’t get into. We never got wet. Beautiful water though, maybe the clearest freshwater I’ve ever seen. The 12% grade coming into town was interesting. Will come back someday when we can spend the weekend. Maybe do Roosevelt in Aug.
Hoodoo 2.0 with only 38 boats in the run this year it was a low year but that was probably because of the mid-week 4th Holiday and ugh...work. Town was full so I can see that the ramp was busy. We launched at 7:30am and puttered for a little bit before going to the breakfast. It is was a great run this year with that little of a head count and was glass most of the way up lake. I got a few pictures and will post them but the huey and a couple of card stops take so many that I'll harvest from them.

There are 7 boats from the run that are going to Roche and Rosario or we would have been at Roosevelt this August.
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Registered

That sucks, long drive to get skunked and not hit the water. Chelan is a beautiful place to visit though. We were talking about hitting this one next year, will definitely have to keep the access problems in mind. We put in at 8:30 AM in Sandpoint city launch this weekend and there was about 5 boat slots left, so I am glad we left early. Have an hour later and we would have had to go somewhere else. Next year we will hopefully be a little more prepared and just rent a place up there for the weekend.
Old 07-25-2023, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mutt2jeff
That sucks, long drive to get skunked and not hit the water. Chelan is a beautiful place to visit though. We were talking about hitting this one next year, will definitely have to keep the access problems in mind. We put in at 8:30 AM in Sandpoint city launch this weekend and there was about 5 boat slots left, so I am glad we left early. Have an hour later and we would have had to go somewhere else. Next year we will hopefully be a little more prepared and just rent a place up there for the weekend.
Yeah getting skunked was a hard pill to swallow after the drive. But I could kinda see it coming, I have zero local knowledge and the way you wind down into Chelan and Manson it feels tight. Even the launch had a fence around it taking the grassy areas out of play.
Started the day off by getting yelled at by some farmer dude for cross parking in front of the parts store for 5 minutes.

The Pend o rielle run was fun. Kind of like a series of lunch runs where everyone ties up and hangs out at each stop. We also ran out of time by hanging around places too long. I love running tight to east side heading back north, the mountains dropping into the lake are always impressive.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:23 AM
Registered

Yeah getting skunked was a hard pill to swallow after the drive. But I could kinda see it coming, I have zero local knowledge and the way you wind down into Chelan and Manson it feels tight. Even the launch had a fence around it taking the grassy areas out of play.
Started the day off by getting yelled at by some farmer dude for cross parking in front of the parts store for 5 minutes.
Hoodoo 2.0 Next year it will be on the 13th. If you head over a day or two before if schedule allows I suggest looking at Manson Suites, Wapato Point, Mountain View Lodge. Mountain View has very ample boat parking in a field next to it and that is where all my buddies stay and park. Wapato told us to move the boat because they only allow up to 25 feet but I was standing next to a 29 footer that was longer than the 33 Outlaw(shake head). Manson Suites is new and my other friends stay there(its cheap) and park their 42 Fountain and 310SS on the street. Plus staying in Manson is close to the night time meetup at Buddies, 6-7 minute walk. We stay in a townhouse at Wapato Ridge and book the day we leave for the following year but leave the boat at the launch or at the Lake Chelan Boating Club.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:48 AM
Registered

Thanks for the tips PLYGLF, weekend before the Monarch next year. I am adding it to the calendar, see how schedules shake out. We got an invite to go hand out with a crew at desert storm next year, so that is gonna be a must I think.

Edit: Also, Popcorn 50! I would still like to put together an informal fun run from Post Falls to Popcorn Island on Lake Killarney. Is there any interest is doing that on say, Sunday of Labor Day weekend (Sept 3)? Or maybe Sept. 16.

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 07-26-2023 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Registered

Wicklund, Pratt and Chad just doing boating things. We are going to someday do the Monarch Run. Maybe when I am with boat again.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mutt2jeff
Thanks for the tips PLYGLF, weekend before the Monarch next year. I am adding it to the calendar, see how schedules shake out. We got an invite to go hand out with a crew at desert storm next year, so that is gonna be a must I think.

Edit: Also, Popcorn 50! I would still like to put together an informal fun run from Post Falls to Popcorn Island on Lake Killarney. Is there any interest is doing that on say, Sunday of Labor Day weekend (Sept 3)? Or maybe Sept. 16.
mutt no problem. The more the merrier and I have met more people that become good friends these last 8 years that we have been going and participating. In fact my wife and I's new friend from last year is going to go to Talladega race with us this year because we hit it off like long lost buds. He owns a party bus that we took out on Friday night while in Manson after Buddies closed at 2am. Wasn't the smartest decision but hey you only live once and he had a driver take us around.

310SS friend and our other friend with an Eliminator just moved last year to Havasu. If schedule allows we will be down at DS too(1st time).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.