Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 10-04-2023, 05:40 AM
Registered

Received 1,064 Likes on 395 Posts

What kind of machine do you run? I looked at some over the summer but still don’t understand how usable the longer tracks are on trails. I don’t want to give up backcountry ability but still want to ride trails. I ran with some local guys last winter and it was almost all trails. Some very deep powder that the short track trail machines weren’t too happy with.
One if the guys (RV) from the poker run does a lot of sledding up that way but I don’t think I’m going to be up as much this winter. If you go, some video would be great. Pulley Ridge might be the closest thing to a hill I see after December. Want to get back to fishing offshore a little again once it cools off some here.

Old 10-04-2023, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
I plan on doing some sledding at Trestle Creek this winter. I connected with a guy out of Post Falls who put some riding vids on Youtube and the area looks really good. My house should be done in 4-6 weeks.
Nice, I ride Trestle and the Mullen area a lot, have a pretty good group of guys. Sale fell through, we are now pending on the house I got skunked on last week, as expected. Worked out ok, we were able to negotiate all the furniture in at the price we were originally going to without it last week. We suck at furnishing houses so that is a big boon 😂

[​​​​​QUOTE=Hoodoo 2.0;4881700]What kind of machine do you run? I looked at some over the summer but still don’t understand how usable the longer tracks are on trails. I don’t want to give up backcountry ability but still want to ride trails. I ran with some local guys last winter and it was almost all trails. Some very deep powder that the short track trail machines weren’t too happy with.
One if the guys (RV) from the poker run does a lot of sledding up that way but I don’t think I’m going to be up as much this winter. If you go, some video would be great. Pulley Ridge might be the closest thing to a hill I see after December. Want to get back to fishing offshore a little again once it cools off some here.[/QUOTE]

I ride a RMK 850 155, full back country sled. Have a 850 turbo coming this year, that should be a good time. The mountain sleds really do not like a lot of trail riding, especially when its icy. Just cant keep them cool. You can add a tunnel cooler and help with that, I have one on my current sled. But mountain sleds also handle like crap on the trail. So its kind of a matter of deciding what you want to do. I am only interested in backcountry, as are most people anymore. Fortunately, we live in an awesome area for it.

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 10-04-2023 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2023, 05:48 PM
Registered

Now that you brought it up I remember conversations with guys at the dealerships last summer. I haven’t seen anything but backcountry machines around and with the mountains everywhere you look, that’s what you’d expect.
I’m committed to being in FL most if not all winter but I’m looking forward to buying one this summer for next winter.
Good to hear things worked out for you on the house.
Old 10-09-2023, 03:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Now that you brought it up I remember conversations with guys at the dealerships last summer. I haven’t seen anything but backcountry machines around and with the mountains everywhere you look, that’s what you’d expect.
I’m committed to being in FL most if not all winter but I’m looking forward to buying one this summer for next winter.
Good to hear things worked out for you on the house.

I do worry about diminishing trail rider community in the area. The trail riding clubs unquestionably are what keeps the access open and the trails groomed and reported to the public. The back country riders in the area totally ride on the coat tails of a few clubs where the average age of membership has to be close to 70 😬.

Had our probably last hoorah Saturday. Beautiful weather. Went way up the St. Joe and back, then stopped at Harrison for Octoberfest which was absolutely popping. I have never seen so many boats docked up there, and rafted up, and parked on the beach. We had no idea it was going on, but will put it on the calendar for next year. After than we ran way up the Cd'a river and back down to head home. Great day.

The following users liked this post:
Hoodoo 2.0 (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 05:36 AM
Registered

Beautiful. Nice way to finish the season. Hope for some big snow soon. You guys live in an amazing part of the country. I miss it every time I leave.

FL is cooling down so that’s good, we did our first lunch run of the fall Saturday.

mutt2jeff (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 05:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mutt2jeff
Nice, I ride Trestle and the Mullen area a lot, have a pretty good group of guys.
I’m familiar with Trestle but not so such for Mullen, is that Fourth of July Pass area on I 90?
Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 AM
Registered

I’m familiar with Trestle but not so such for Mullen, is that Fourth of July Pass area on I 90?
Mullen is out past Wallace, east on I90. Mullen, Burke, and Taft all feed into a big riding area north of I90 on the border of Idaho and Montana. Pretty consistently gets the most snow, have had lots of great adventures out there.

Sledding areas

Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 AM
Registered

Beautiful. Nice way to finish the season. Hope for some big snow soon. You guys live in an amazing part of the country. I miss it every time I leave.

FL is cooling down so that’s good, we did our first lunch run of the fall Saturday.

I am jealous of this, someday I will do a Florida Poker run!
Old 10-11-2023, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

I ride backcountry only!! Except for the trail in and out. Current sled is a Skidoo Summit Expert 154 turbo.
mutt2jeff (10-12-2023)
Old 10-11-2023, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

I will be ready to ride, and the house should be done in 3-4 weeks.
mutt2jeff (10-12-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.