Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 10-12-2023, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
I will be ready to ride, and the house should be done in 3-4 weeks.
Nice, I will be on the shore of Kootenai Bay, sounds like your place will be just down the road. We will have to get linked up and do some riding 👍
Old 10-12-2023, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

Yessir, that will be awesome as I have not ridden there and only know the areas from Youtube vids. I am in west Sagle down Dufort Rd. Hoodoo's place is a few miles past mine.
Old 10-16-2023, 12:44 PM
Registered

Trestle is a pretty nice area. Regular trail grooming, good shelter hut, lot of varied terrain. There is a lot of really good terrain that's got a skill barrier to entry, which keeps 95% of people out, so there is always untouched snow. Downside is that it can be a bit of a trek in, going all the way up the mountain to drop in, then getting to the riding area you want to use. Roman Nose, a little farther north, has never impressed me much honestly, and the loggers keep closing access roads so it's a hassle to get in. Lot of beginner and intermediate terrain, small area. Mullen/Burke/Taft is by far the biggest area, generally has the most snow, and has quick access to good ridding depending on which of the dozen parking lots you use. Priest Lake is mostly trail based riding, though I am sure there must be good stuff up there.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

I have heard of Taft. I will try and find some Youtube vids of the area. I am used to taking a trail 5+ miles in to get good areas. Some of the good zones in McCall have a LOOOOONG ride in, but that keeps a lot of people away so you have a zone to yourself. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!
Old 10-22-2023, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,062 Likes on 393 Posts

I don’t think Trestles has the elevation like McCall. I would’ve thought Roman Nose and the other mountains on the east side of Priest would really be good but I’m unfamiliar. My shop is on Kendall Road in the valley between Long Mountain to the east and Hoodoo Mountain to the west. Both have a lot of cut over areas but I think both are <6000’ elevation so not sure about snow quality. Curious, how much base is necessary for left over logging debris to not be a factor?
The following users liked this post:
mutt2jeff (10-25-2023)
Old 10-25-2023, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
I don’t think Trestles has the elevation like McCall. I would’ve thought Roman Nose and the other mountains on the east side of Priest would really be good but I’m unfamiliar. My shop is on Kendall Road in the valley between Long Mountain to the east and Hoodoo Mountain to the west. Both have a lot of cut over areas but I think both are <6000’ elevation so not sure about snow quality. Curious, how much base is necessary for left over logging debris to not be a factor?
Backcountry things don't start getting really sled safe until there is 100". Cuts are about the worst place you can ride when the snow is low, just too much trash and stumps hanging around, so we generally avoid them.

The Baldies up by Priest have some decent riding from the Washington side, but I think it suffers from being too vertical. Limited play area. Amazing views up there though.

Went to the Couer Freshies winter kickoff party this last weekend, won a bumper for the new sled and some other gear. And right now I am watching the snow fall on Spokane.
Old 10-26-2023, 05:29 AM
Registered

My concrete guy got the chimney sealed ahead of the weather. At first I thought it was too glossy, but it really made the different colors pop.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:40 PM
Registered

Looking good 👍. We are scheduled to sign papers next Friday morning, guess its really going to happen. There goes my supercharger plans for the boat this winter 😂. We have a gala to attend that Friday night in Spokane, but Saturday we will head up and see what got left behind and start cleaning up the property for the winter.
Old 10-28-2023, 06:38 AM
Registered

Cuts are about the worst place you can ride when the snow is low, just too much trash and stumps hanging around, so we generally avoid .

Only open stuff near me are cuts. Everything else is THICK. Trestles is a short drive though.
Old 11-21-2023, 05:45 PM
Registered

Tank, maybe you should hang on to your trestle creek property awhile and see how this plays out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.