Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Western US/Lake Havasu
Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 12-03-2023, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1,066 Likes on 395 Posts

We were up for a week at Thanksgiving. The river has a wild look in the winter. I see why nobody trail rides now when you have machines that can climb so well in deep powder.

The following users liked this post:
mutt2jeff (12-04-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Do they nickel and dime ya to death with BS dealer fees on those like they do with dirt bikes?
Nope, paid a reasonable setup fee and that's it. I think when you snow check they are pretty much locked in with what they are allowed to charge.

Had a good day Saturday, plenty for road riding and even poked up the lightning creek and moose lake trails a bit. Long way from having safe off trail riding though.

Old 12-04-2023, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Anybody ride Timber sleds? I’m sending my ktm 450 out to Priest River this spring for an Utah desert trip in May and local mountain riding. It should make a good snow bike, but I’ve never been on one. Only 50ish hp and not much fuel capacity. Looks fun on the vid’s though.
I have ridden some around, never owned one. They are fun, very point and shoot. Easy to ride in the woods, hard to ride in the steep and deep. My preference is sledding, I found that snowbikes are like a easy version of dirt biking.
Old 12-06-2023, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 1,066 Likes on 395 Posts

Do you have a dealer you like?
Whats the downside with a 165” for someone with minimal seat time?
Old 12-06-2023, 09:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

I think a 165 is a great track length that can do everything. I rode several seasons on one before going to a 154 (Skidoo).
Old 12-06-2023, 11:40 AM
Registered

I personally don't have a dealer preference, I chose Allsport this time because they are very convenient to our Spokane house. I don't think a person could go wrong with a 165 Naturally asperated sled from any brand really. Polaris and Skidoo are both good machines, and both have their issues. Artic Cat has really fallen behind the curve technology and chassis wise, but are probably the most reliable.

I went back to a 163 from a 153 this year. Both are great lengths, the 163 range will be more forgiving. I probably would not buy a brand new sled for my first, your gonna hit a lot of stuff for a couple years 😂. But there is lots of great stuff out there on the market. Polaris is running good deals on leftover 23' sleds right now, and the 7s gauge package is amazing with the maps and buddy tracking/communication system.

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 12-06-2023 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2023, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Do sledders ever stop hitting stuff?!! My sled is at the dealer getting a new steering post and I thought it was just some bent bars. Fn trees...
Old 12-06-2023, 04:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
Do sledders ever stop hitting stuff?!! My sled is at the dealer getting a new steering post and I thought it was just some bent bars. Fn trees...

​​​Year two was real bad for me, felt like I couldn't go out a single day without smashing something expensive 🙃. Slowly gotten better, been a couple years since I just outright hit something and smashed a bumper or a-arm 🤪. Knock on wood
Old 12-06-2023, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Most of my sled damage occurs in McCall with hidden stumps or riding in very difficult terrain with Cody Monroe Backcountry. I use a skidplate which does protect the A-arms a little bit.
Old 12-08-2023, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
Most of my sled damage occurs in McCall with hidden stumps or riding in very difficult terrain with Cody Monroe Backcountry. I use a skidplate which does protect the A-arms a little bit.
What are ya doing Dec 27-30? I have an extra bed up at Grizzly Lodge outside of Revelstoke, girlfriend had to work. I go every year over Christmas break, ride in ride out everything is 100% taken care of. Everything is already paid for, just a waste not to have someone use it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.