Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 12-09-2023, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 1,066 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by mutt2jeff
​​​Year two was real bad for me, felt like I couldn't go out a single day without smashing something expensive 🙃. Slowly gotten better, been a couple years since I just outright hit something and smashed a bumper or a-arm 🤪. Knock on wood

I’ll be the guy who gets stuck in the parking lot.
Seriously, how steep is the learning curve?

I’m not talking about hitting stuff, I’m sure that’s gonna happen.
I’d like to avoid the shovel as much as possible.
I’m mostly a sea level dweller. lol

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 12-09-2023 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-10-2023, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
I’ll be the guy who gets stuck in the parking lot.
Seriously, how steep is the learning curve?

I’m not talking about hitting stuff, I’m sure that’s gonna happen.
I’d like to avoid the shovel as much as possible.
I’m mostly a sea level dweller. lol
There is no avoiding the shovel. Love your shovel, for it is your friend and companion when you are in need. You will spend a lot of time shoveling. Learning curve is steep, snowmobile riding is unintuitive and labor intensive. You will go home best up and exhausted. A background in motorsport or motorcycle riding helps, but off trail sledding is it's own beast. Like dancing with a 500 point woman.
Old 12-10-2023, 05:38 AM
Registered

There is no avoiding the shovel. Love your shovel, for it is your friend and companion when you are in need. You will spend a lot of time shoveling. Learning curve is steep, snowmobile riding is unintuitive and labor intensive. You will go home best up and exhausted. A background in motorsport or motorcycle riding helps, but off trail sledding is it's own beast. Like dancing with a 500 point woman.

awesome I can’t wait lol

i’ll partake at whatever level I’m capable of. My best friend has always been a forklift though.

Last edited by Hoodoo 2.0; 12-10-2023 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

What are ya doing Dec 27-30? I have an extra bed up at Grizzly Lodge outside of Revelstoke, girlfriend had to work. I go every year over Christmas break, ride in ride out everything is 100% taken care of. Everything is already paid for, just a waste not to have someone use it.
Damnit I will be in Maui with my girlfriend!! I would way rather be sledding!! I really appreciate the offer too. I rode this past Saturday over Snoqualmie Pass and there wasn't enough coverage to go off trail. The rain last week killed the snow. After Maui I am going to Caleb Kesterke's on Jan 6th and 7th.

Lets hook up soon, I am down for a Revy trip too if the snow around here and north Idaho isn't good.

Lance
253-312-2482

The following users liked this post:
mutt2jeff (12-12-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 09:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

Phil, my girlfriend was at my house 6 years ago when I got home from the first day on a mountain sled. She couldn't believe how haggard I looked and how stoked I was to go again!! It is the most fun you can have being miserable and high on adrenaline in the same day. And the along with the shovel, the saw is also your friend.
Hoodoo 2.0 (12-18-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 05:44 AM
Registered

I rode this borrowed 146” for a weekend up at priest with a couple of local guys last February.
Just trails but we did hit some that hadn’t been groomed, a few sections you couldn’t see a trail at all, just deep drifts of powder so I got a tiny glimpse of off trail conditions.
Historically El Niño winters are not big snow years but if the valley gets deep enough I’ll come back up this winter to pick up a used sled and run it in the farm fields on Kendall rd. With some luck maybe I’ll hit the mountains next winter.
mutt2jeff (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 01:53 PM
Registered

At this rate, a few Canada trips are going to be in order. I don't recall ever having such a bad start to the season. Some guys are out there getting a little bit of off trail, but its pretty damn risky at this point, my buddies in the silver valley went riding this last weekend and pretty much everyone managed to get hurt 😂. Schweitzer only has a few runs open still, and that's with making as much snow as they can. Grizzly might be my first good opportunity to ride 😑. Looks like Revy finally hit a ridable level last week.

In boat news, engine headed off to Gibson Performance this week. Did all the top end this summer, so it should just be bottom end stuff and hunting for a little more power. I am up in Sandpoint applying for a dock change permit and making some measurements, figuring out what needs to happen to fit our current boat and future boats best. Need to get into the shop too, poke around in the hull. Lots of redundant unused wiring in there from the different configurations its had over the years, I would like to pair things down before the motor goes back in.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:27 AM
Registered

Not so great here either.

Old 12-13-2023, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
Not so great here either.

I was gonna ask you if there was any good boating in Florida at least. You doing that New Years Poker run?
Old 12-13-2023, 06:13 PM
Registered

Yeah. It’s a straight up lunch run, no stops. Usually winter is real mild around here in between cold fronts which usually come through every week or two.
New Years day can be 80’s and sunny or 50’s with drizzle. Sea fog has been a problem some years. If the wind is up they’ll run the inter coastal instead of the beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.