Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run? >

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Notices

Lake Pend Oreille Fun Run?

Old 12-15-2023, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 68 Posts

Watching Muskoka and some other Canadian riders, they have the best conditions I have seen, but it is still low by their standards. We are heading over Sunday to set the house up with furniture and it will finally be useable!
Old 12-16-2023, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
Watching Muskoka and some other Canadian riders, they have the best conditions I have seen, but it is still low by their standards. We are heading over Sunday to set the house up with furniture and it will finally be useable!
Nice, congrats on move in day! Sunday I will be doing some riding out in the Burke area it looks like. Just more road bashing.

Since there isnt enough snow to make it even worth going skiing today, I am poking around and flushing out an idea I had this fall. If you head north across the boarder about an hour, you can drop boats of the Columbia River at Castlegar. From there, you pop through a lock at the Keenleyside Dam and have a beautiful 150ish mile run all the way up to Revelstoke on Upper Arrow Lake. Seriously stunning lake and mountains, pristine. Lots of sites to see along the way and could stop and camp, stay somewhere, or make the shot in one day and have a day in Revelstoke. A pretty easy 3 day weekend excursion for those of us in the Sandpoint area. Drive up the night before, 1 day up to Revelstoke, 1 day there, 1 day back. I wouldn't run it alone, just because some parts of the lakes are pretty remote and getting out if you had a breakdown would be a team effort. Anyone maybe interested in trying it next summer?

https://earth.google.com/earth/d/1va...cU?usp=sharing

https://www.nomader.ca/castlegar-to-...a-arrow-lakes/

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 12-16-2023 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-17-2023, 05:38 AM
Registered

Received 1,066 Likes on 395 Posts

That would be a great trip, If had this….

The following users liked this post:
mutt2jeff (12-18-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 08:27 AM
Registered

This fishing cat now has some backcountry creds lol.
I forgot to raise the lift extra high last night. Storm tide floated it off the lift. Found it this morning a quarter mile away lodged in some mangroves. Actually looked right at home there. Ran the kayak under the tunnel and stepped right in.
Old 12-18-2023, 11:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0

This fishing cat now has some backcountry creds lol.
I forgot to raise the lift extra high last night. Storm tide floated it off the lift. Found it this morning a quarter mile away lodged in some mangroves. Actually looked right at home there. Ran the kayak under the tunnel and stepped right in.
Oh man, that sucks! Hopefully no major damage.

I think the military zodiac might be a little overkill for the Revelstoke run 😂. There should be fuel available on the way, and I don't anticipate the need for mounted machine guns. Might be hard to get across the boarder too 😂.
Old 12-18-2023, 12:48 PM
Registered

Yeah a friend of mine sent me that and your post made me think of it.
That would be a beautiful ride, looks like it turns a little riverish as you get up towards Revelstoke. Are you familiar with that water? I seem to hit stuff even when I’m where I should be.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:01 PM
Registered

The nav charts show plenty of depth, and a deep water channel going in as well. Not sure yet on what the docking situation is up there, but lots of fishing and recreation happens on the water throughout that area so it's just a matter if figuring out the details. Rough county marine operates prop boat fishing charters out of there, so it's navigable. They are big power sports guys, could probably lean on them for info and help. Will try and stop in this winter if I get to Revelstoke.

https://www.gpsnauticalcharts.com/ma...cal-chart.html

Got out riding yesterday, still need snow badly, but did find some hillside to play on. The boost is starting to come alive as it gets out of break in period.

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 12-18-2023 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 04:29 PM
Registered

Actually looking at the charts and google earth, there isnt anything stopping you from starting in Idaho, other than customs 😆

Edit: Nevermind, customs said no 😥

Last edited by mutt2jeff; 12-18-2023 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:51 PM
Registered

I hate to say it but I think y’all are just going to get rain this winter instead of snow. This was the first week of December last year in the valley and a lot of this was from November! Must have been 10’+ up high. Hope I’m wrong.

Old 12-20-2023, 10:47 AM
Registered

Its a lousy start, that's for sure. Still a lot of winter left, but it might be a travel year. We are gonna have a lousy summer if we dont get any snowpack to refill Pend Oreille 😛

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.